Canfield brothers formula 1 Jedi--official thread

PB Forum :: Other
Canfield brothers formula 1 Jedi--official thread
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
I would like to ask for few minutes of your time and some advice on DH frame size. Last year I've built my dream DH toy and it's awesome except one thing - frame size. I'm 178 cm tall (5'10"), average legs and a bit longer arms for my height. I've bought size medium ( no bigger available that time, sent from USA to Europe ), currently using reach adjust headset (+7mm) and still thinking about swapping frame for large or maybe even for extra-large. I tried to do my homework and searched web and even write down a spreadsheet with DH racer's height and bike geo ( by pinkbike bike checks ). But still in a need of help and advice on what frame size is better for me. Because same as a top racer's suspension setup is useless for a mortal like me, I've thought also the geo would be non-transferable.

My bike is CanfieldBrothers Jedi 2017 medium with 27,5" wheels and coil suspension in front and rear.

Brief geo&sizig chart (mm) is here:

wheelbase: M-1196 / L-1226 / XL-1252
reach: M-419 / L-445 / XL-470
eff. top tube: M-584 / L-610 / XL-635
head angle: M / L / XL - 62,5°
chainstay: M / L / XL - 422
standover: M / L / XL - 699
bars/stem: 800 / 50

I have size M, I'm not a pro racer, I ride downhill because I like it a lot. I'm sure I need bigger frame but not sure if go for L or XL.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Here is my Jedi

Jedi 2017 - text on Maxxis tires changed to light blue - color game 5

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
Im 6.1 and was riding a large. At 5.10 i would get a medium.

If you need a longer cockpit go Large.

Larger does not = better. Looooong bikes are a trend.

Call the guys at Canfield. I know i did back then when i purchased my Jedi. They will help you with your questions.

Vince

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
xetal wrote:
Im 6.1 and was riding a large. At 5.10 i would get a medium.

If you need a longer cockpit go Large.

Larger does not = better. Looooong bikes are a trend.

Call the guys at Canfield. I know i did back then when i purchased my Jedi. They will help you with your questions.

Vince

Thanks for your advice. If I get the chance I will try swap the frame for large one and see. I wish I could just test ride some Jedi in size large, but that's not going to happend here in Czech Republic... BTW your Jedi is sweet!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044670
Mobile Version of Website