Kestrel Lace Up or Maltese Falcons?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Kestrel Lace Up or Maltese Falcons?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 15:43 Quote
Hey people, looking for a second pair of riding shoes. Have a pair of Shimano cross country shoes that I quite like but want another pair that's a little more casual looking and comfortable. Pretty much decided on Five Ten. Anyone have personal experience with the Kestrel lace up or the maltese falcon, 2017? Most of my riding is all terrain, trail, up and down. Dry, wet, hard, soft. Thoughts please.
Cheers.

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 17:34 Quote
Kestrel is a bit stiffer and a really nice shoe. The extra stiffness might help with foot fatigue. Sounds like the perfect shoe for your riding. Five Ten is a pretty good company to deal with too.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 17:46 Quote
krestrel is a great shoe, from my experience I would tell you to just stay away from the boa (whatever they call it) system, otherwise a great shoe so far

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
Cheers. Was leaning towards the Kestrel , not the boa system, and it does sound like the shoe for my narrower foot. Just need to find some to try on now....

Cheers again !

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
I am very happy 2 years in with my Kestrals, I went with the BOA despite preferring a set of laces as the Boa version has a stiffer carbon sole rather then the Nylon of the Lace version. I havent had any issue with the BOA mech but BOA does replace all there parts directly for free no questions asked.

Of course it comes down to riding style and preference.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 5:31 Quote
xaos wrote:
I am very happy 2 years in with my Kestrals, I went with the BOA despite preferring a set of laces as the Boa version has a stiffer carbon sole rather then the Nylon of the Lace version. I havent had any issue with the BOA mech but BOA does replace all there parts directly for free no questions asked.

Of course it comes down to riding style and preference.
Thanks Xaos for the input. Nothing against the Boa setup, just prefer the style of the lace. Already have a good pair of stiff xc shimano shoes that I still plan on using.
Cheers.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.010542
Mobile Version of Website