Trying to double peg a Jersey Barrier (K-Rail)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Trying to double peg a Jersey Barrier (K-Rail)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 15:07 Quote
So, there is a 3 1/2 foot high cement Jersey Barrier by my house and I can all ride it and my tire gets about 2 inches alway from the top. My friend said that I could double peg it because I'm going so high. I devoted 2 hours yesterday and couldn't get it for the entire time. My front peg would land on top, but my back would smack the side about 3 inches down. I know how to double peg, but I'm having trouble bringing the back up to the top. Can someone give me some advice other than "just huck it" or "jump higher" bacause it's really kicking my ass.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:25 Quote
Sounds like you need to tuck deeper and try to hit your ass with your rear tire. There's a video from Bradon Begin (I think) on YouTube pretty recently where a few guys were using a wall about that same height to work off of. One dude was throwin 360's over it and riding off it to barspins. One thing I noticed he was doing differently was about slapping his nuts with his rear tire. If you watch him (Conner something), he gets way high. But if you watch him in slow motion, he just about hits his hips with his bars just as he jumps upward. He almost brings straight up and about his chest area he throws everything forward and pulls his bike pretty damn high. He launches his bike pretty high for a street rider. Maybe have your friend video you to see where you are lacking. It's always easier to watch yourself and pinpoint your weak spots.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CndgMNrTzJg

At about the 4 minute mark. The bald dude is sketch on trying to get up and he's not even hopping high. The dude with the black hair and breaks is trying to break his chain and gets popped in the ass with his peg, but that dude with the white hat and sunglasses is dialed. Watch him in half speed or pause it when he gets his bike up on the wall.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
Borgnar14 wrote:
Can someone give me some advice other than "just huck it" or "jump higher" bacause it's really kicking my ass.

I mean, i can't Peg Grind a 3.5ft barrier but it just sounds to me you need to get 3" more height. "jump higher" literally is the only answer. Whether its more pop or a tighter tuck...u need 3". preload the hell outta your hop and get 3 more inches.

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 15:35 Quote
Maybe put a brick at your jump point to use as a kicker?

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
have you tried seeing if you can ride the barrier and then like pop into the double peg from there? if you cant just straight hop it theres not much more to tell you then hop higher. if you have a brake on your bike you could pull the lever as you snap the bike up it helps make the snap quicker which means to get more height out of your hop if your regular technique isnt as dialed. as for hopping higher try seeing about working on how high you can just straight pull your front wheel up before actually swooping up the back end, or trying to tuck the bike up higher easiest way to do that is to try and push the whole thing forwards in the hop and tuck the seat up in front of you.

depending how the jersey is set up you could just find some random shit and a piece of ply wood and build a little kicker. it could also be you arent getting the hop level how much higher is your front peg going over the jersey barrier?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010140
Mobile Version of Website