Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!

PB Forum :: Knolly
Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
I got bored this weekend and decided to disassemble my V10 and my Nomad and make it into one bad ass Knolly Delirium. What we end up here is a Long Shocked 8.75x2.75, 188mm rear end paired with a 203mm Fox 40! Apparently, there are a lot of folks running this setup!

Anyway... I can't wait to take it to Highland! Heading to Bailey's in a few weeks!
8.75x2.75 188mm rear Longshoock w Fox40 203mm front

FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
ryanholio wrote:
I got bored this weekend and decided to disassemble my V10 and my Nomad and make it into one bad ass Knolly Delirium. What we end up here is a Long Shocked 8.75x2.75, 188mm rear end paired with a 203mm Fox 40! Apparently, there are a lot of folks running this setup!

Anyway... I can't wait to take it to Highland! Heading to Bailey's in a few weeks!
8.75x2.75 188mm rear Longshoock w Fox40 203mm front

Looks mint mate!! are you runnin it with the 65 or 64.25 headtube angle?

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 3:55 Quote
Wow, I'm going to do mine like that. Was going to buy a DH bike, but this looks like the perfect park setup!

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 15:58 Quote
I have the shock in the slack setting but it's still sitting at 65.. I have not gotten to do any proper DH runs but it feels like you would imagine... the one thing the surprised the hell out of me is how well it climbs and just gets along with Enduro-ish type riding. the DC hardly takes anything away from it!

I haven't gotten everything all tuned yet but it sure does feel promising so far. Headed to Bailkeys in a few weeks and will have something to report and I will get back to everyone on how it handles. My buddy will have his with a custom built shock just for his! can't wait!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 3:01 Quote
photo

Mine is done!!!! Can't wait to rip on it.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
Would really like to hear about some riding experiences people have had on their Deleriums, they look like absolute weapons!

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 10:19 Quote
Would really like to hear about some riding experiences people have had on their Deleriums, they look like absolute weapons!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:00 Quote
OzMike wrote:

We are going to PA this weekend to get some runs in on them! We will keep you posted!

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
I can't wait to see that beast at Highland.

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 22:51 Quote
How does the Knolly feel with the longer shock and DC now that you guys have gotten some riding done? I'm building one now as an all mtn beast and can't help but wonder if I might be able to sacrifice my DH bike for spare set of suspension and an angle set headset (you said it left you with a 65 degree head angle right?)... Never been afraid of wrenching and often have two sets of wheels to swap around so this seems like a logical build choice to save space and funds in the garage, not to mention earn some brownie points with the misses (but honey I sold 1 bike so now I can get another haha)...

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 15:26 Quote
CONomad wrote:
How does the Knolly feel with the longer shock and DC now that you guys have gotten some riding done? I'm building one now as an all mtn beast and can't help but wonder if I might be able to sacrifice my DH bike for spare set of suspension and an angle set headset (you said it left you with a 65 degree head angle right?)... Never been afraid of wrenching and often have two sets of wheels to swap around so this seems like a logical build choice to save space and funds in the garage, not to mention earn some brownie points with the misses (but honey I sold 1 bike so now I can get another haha)...

http://www.bikeradar.com/au/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/knolly-delirium-review-51258/

This is a bit of a short incomplete first ride review. Seems to spend more time going on about the spec and angles of the bike, then the last two or so paragrahs on how it rides.

Im really keen to hear some reviews from real riders.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
Hello Gents, Delirium fans,
After seeing that some of you have gone with DC up front, I decided to do the same. Bike just simply deserves it. Fitted a Boxxer Team coil. Left the shock for now, don't really need more travel at the moment.
Haven't ridden it yet, but hoping for a blast this weekend.
Running a reach adjust headset for more room too. Head angle is somewhere at 63.7 which is absolutely fine. Slack enough for gangstering....

Here are some potato pictures

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
.....right now i am selling mine delirium. I have never thougt about longer shock im my bike but now....maby it is a good idea to have two bikes? Ups. But she will not understand.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 15:16 Quote
Here's mine, long shocked (185mm) w/ a -2mm offset bushing and -1.5 angleset running a 200mm fork (pic was taken with a -1.0 angleset).

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017190
Mobile Version of Website