Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!

PB Forum :: Knolly
Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 16:19 Quote
Knolly recommended me an offset bushing, just 1 I believe that they kindly have already installed into the shock, and a headangle headset as well as running a bit more sag in other to bring the Geo back in place. I have a 1.5 degree angle set that was an absolute nightmare to put in.... Never again and I'll be getting a softer spring one day to set it at the correct sag. I'm using suntour durolux forks that have the same axle to crown height as a boxxer and marzocchi 380 forks as well. The bike feels great, slacker than 65 degrees. Sitting somewhere around 64 or so

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
I just submitted an order request to Proshox for a set of titanium offset bushings. I will post the cost with shipping once I hear back.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 12:52 Quote
May I ask why you went with proshox vs offsetbushings.com?

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 7:31 Quote
Placed an order for a single offset bushing.
Will install with normal length shock to see how it feels.
Still on the fence about the long shock.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Still waiting on bushings to arrive but even with the shorter shock I was really happy with the ride.

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 7:04 Quote
Here she is all ready to go. Can't wait to get to the mountains.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
mdg3d wrote:
Here she is all ready to go. Can't wait to get to the mountains.

Lovely she is Sir,
I can't get enough of mine

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
YUP. What a blast!

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
What exactly do I need to run a longer shock on the Delirium aside from the shock itself?

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 5:47 Quote
dshomaker91 wrote:
What exactly do I need to run a longer shock on the Delirium aside from the shock itself?
You can over-shock with a 222mm (8.75") but you would need an offset bushing at the top of the shock.

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
mdg3d wrote:
dshomaker91 wrote:
You can over-shock with a 222mm (8.75") but you would need an offset bushing at the top of the shock.

This. We supply them direct to Knolly in fact! If you're just after one bushing, just make a note of your frame and shock models when ordering this - https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushing

If you're after a pair, then this is what you want - https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushings-pair

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Just gonna revive this thread for a bit. I'm thinking about building up a Delirium with 26" wheels, 8.75 shock and 200mm Dorado. Anybody tried this set up before? Looks like with 27.5 wheels an offset bushing is required to correct the geometry but I'd imagine with 26" wheels and 200mm fork that wouldn't be needed since the BB would be lower and head angle slacker anyway. What say you?

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
Just gonna revive this thread for a bit. I'm thinking about building up a Delirium with 26" wheels, 8.75 shock and 200mm Dorado. Anybody tried this set up before? Looks like with 27.5 wheels an offset bushing is required to correct the geometry but I'd imagine with 26" wheels and 200mm fork that wouldn't be needed since the BB would be lower and head angle slacker anyway. What say you?

I tried this, didn't love the results. Handling got quicker than I'd like compared to some other options.

I've tried the following DH setups, all using an X-Fusion RV1 which can have the same axle-to-crown as a 180mm single crown when set to 180mm, as well as an 8.75x2.75 shock with 2mm offset bushing.

200mm front, 27.5 wheels: bb feels high
200mm front, 26 wheels: solves bb issue, but feels a little twitchy in comparison to some other setups
200mm front w/ -1.5deg headset, 27.5 wheels: bb still feels a little high, much more comfortable in steeps with the angleset
200mm front w/-1.5deg, 27.5 front, 26 rear: back end feels too short when cornering
180mm front w/-1.5deg, 27.5 wheels: I found this to be the best cornering setup when using the 8.75" shock. I still wouldn't mind a slightly lower BB and longer chainstay, but it's by far the best of everything I tested above.

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
djjohnr wrote:
zshipowick wrote:

I tried this, didn't love the results. Handling got quicker than I'd like compared to some other options.

I've tried the following DH setups, all using an X-Fusion RV1 which can have the same axle-to-crown as a 180mm single crown when set to 180mm, as well as an 8.75x2.75 shock with 2mm offset bushing.

200mm front, 26 wheels: solves bb issue, but feels a little twitchy in comparison to some other setups
200mm front w/ -1.5deg headset, 27.5 wheels: bb still feels a little high, much more comfortable in steeps with the angleset
200mm front w/-1.5deg, 27.5 front, 26 rear: back end feels too short when cornering
180mm front w/-1.5deg, 27.5 wheels: I found this to be the best cornering setup when using the 8.75" shock. I still wouldn't mind a slightly lower BB and longer chainstay, but it's by far the best of everything I tested above.

Thanks for that! I mean the whole point of 26" wheels is to speed up the handling so I'd be ok with that result. My main concern is the BB height while maintaining about a 64 degree head angle. Did you try the 8.75 shock without the offset bushing at all?

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
djjohnr wrote:
zshipowick wrote:

Thanks for that! I mean the whole point of 26" wheels is to speed up the handling so I'd be ok with that result. My main concern is the BB height while maintaining about a 64 degree head angle. Did you try the 8.75 shock without the offset bushing at all?

No, I didn't try it without the bushing.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027258
Mobile Version of Website