Resolved: Scout creaking on climbs, simple fix

PB Forum :: Transition
Resolved: Scout creaking on climbs, simple fix
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
Just thought I'd share my findings with everyone else, might be a bit obvious for those motivated enough to hunt these noises down themselves, but I figured I'd post anyways. Long story short, clean the upper shock bolt and fastening screw. I had a bad creak under high torque load/ bobbing, even with the Monarch locked out. Watched some videos about applying Loctite 603 retaining compound to outer bearing race surfaces for resolution, they all suggested removing the shock from the frame and moving the frame through its travel to check for binding/grinding/etc. Before removing or re-torquing anything else, I cleaned the shock mountings and fasteners prior to doing any other repairs, and that 100% fixed the creak. Bike is stealthy and silent now (after installing foam tape on the internal routed cables in the downtube prior). Noises from my bikes annoy me as my job largely involves diagnosing and tracing noises, harmonics and vibrations on cars, just figured I'd share my findings with those as anal as I am.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 14:59 Quote
Thanks for the heads up I want to fix all the same issues on my patrol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008902
Mobile Version of Website