2017 Fox re:Activ knocking sound

PB Forum :: Trek
2017 Fox re:Activ knocking sound
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 17:43 Quote
Got a 2017 fuel with the re:Activ shock.
Anyways the shock makes a weird knocking sound when I'm riding over small chattery bumps. It's Been sent to fox once already and still makes the sound after it was worked on under warranty.

Anyways just seeing if anyone else is dealing with these same issues or if I just seem to have the lemon of all lemons.

Cheers.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
I have a 2016 and it makes a knocking sound. I don't think its anything.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
bfegan wrote:
I have a 2016 and it makes a knocking sound. I don't think its anything.

Ooooooh it's something. Talked to fox today and my shock is going in and they have a special boring and bypass system to fix the issue.

I'd suggest heading in to your local shop and get yours dealt with

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 17:57 Quote
I have a shock off of a 2015 that also makes a knocking noise in descend mode. Doesn't seem to make the noise in trail or climb. Glad to hear they can resolve this, it is very annoying!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
Have one on my 2015 Remedy, been rebuilt 3 times and the knock never went away. After talking to fox, they said that its just the Re:Active damper opening and closing.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 8:01 Quote
colenc97 wrote:
Have one on my 2015 Remedy, been rebuilt 3 times and the knock never went away. After talking to fox, they said that its just the Re:Active damper opening and closing.

Yeah they tried that one on me but when I showed em a new RS reactive monarch not doing it they didnt have much to say. Last I heard from fox now is that they are ordering some kind fs special internal build kit for my damper...

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
Hi, did Fox/trek fix this issue?
Got the same on a 2017 model

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
jludwigsen wrote:
Hi, did Fox/trek fix this issue?
Got the same on a 2017 model

Never got it fixed. Was so f*cking tired of getting the runaround by fox and trek. What didnt help either was at the time there were zero warrenty parts for it to get fixed as well.

I ended up purchasing a new RockShox Deluxe for the bike and never looked back. Even without ReActiv the shock is just a much better performer and descents.

But I will say, you should be able to warrenty the shock through fox now. I know for a fact the parts are in stock to fix these issues.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
Just an FYI my RS re-activ does the same thing as well as a friend's of mine.

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
cdmbmw wrote:
Just an FYI my RS re-activ does the same thing as well as a friend's of mine.

It's the inertia valve that the Re'Activ system uses. For the 10% increase in capability the shock may give you, the headaches are just too much...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027656
Mobile Version of Website