YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 4:46 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
So, I have a Pro Race on the way and am super stoked. Plan to swap for an X2 right off the bat. Is this a direct replacement? Is any additional eyelet hardware required? Thanks!

There are many guys who've ridden both DPX2 and X2 and actually prefer DPX2 for having a bit more pop. X2 is most likely better in filtering out stuff, however for general trailing that's not always what you're after.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
So, I have a Pro Race on the way and am super stoked. Plan to swap for an X2 right off the bat. Is this a direct replacement? Is any additional eyelet hardware required? Thanks!

Went to a fox x2 and needed new hardware but that was from a rockshox shock.
it was more than worth it though for the full on enduro and downhill trails in the Sea to Sky corridor. Plenty of pop for being playful with the trails or hitting up Whistler bike park.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
monsieurgage wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:

Went to a fox x2 and needed new hardware but that was from a rockshox shock.
it was more than worth it though for the full on enduro and downhill trails in the Sea to Sky corridor. Plenty of pop for being playful with the trails or hitting up Whistler bike park.

Strange, when I got my X2 (MY2018 ), I just swapped the bushings over from my Deluxe and everything mounted up just fine.
The eyelets were the same width and diameter as the RockShox unit.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Might have been the wear on my bushings just required them to be replaced. I cant remember the reason but I know I had them replaced when the new shock went on.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 2:11 Quote
I've got a 2017 CF one with a raceface Turbine crankset. I've just ordered a new oval chainring from superstar and i'm now wondering if I've ordered the wrong option. They offer boost and none boost versions of their chainring. I've just read this on their website;

"Boost rear hubs are 3mm per side wider than standard. Some manufacturers use a special Boost chainring to move the chainline outwards 3mm to match this, others use standard offset chainrings with a special Boost crank. You need to find out what crank offset type you have and choose the correct model ring to suit."

It's not that simple to work out online (currently at work and not with my bike) what the supplied crankset that came with the jeffsy is. Does anyone know if the turbine already compensates for the boost spacing or is it done in the chainring?

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
oo-viper-oo wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:

There are many guys who've ridden both DPX2 and X2 and actually prefer DPX2 for having a bit more pop. X2 is most likely better in filtering out stuff, however for general trailing that's not always what you're after.

So I went with the X2 and can confirm that it is the definition of plush. Unfortunately, I didn't try the DPX2 since I wanted to sell it as a new shock. Coming off a 160/125 Yeti, the Jeffsy with the X2 definitely feels less "poppy" but this may also be due to the increase in rear travel. Going to keep refining the X2 setup but no complaints here. And it was a direct replacement for the DPX2 right out of the box.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
oo-viper-oo wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:

So I went with the X2 and can confirm that it is the definition of plush. Unfortunately, I didn't try the DPX2 since I wanted to sell it as a new shock. Coming off a 160/125 Yeti, the Jeffsy with the X2 definitely feels less "poppy" but this may also be due to the increase in rear travel. Going to keep refining the X2 setup but no complaints here. And it was a direct replacement for the DPX2 right out of the box.

You can experiment to get a more poppy feel with the X2: jam it full of spacers, speed up low speed rebound and close low speed compression a few clicks, bit more PSI/less sag. Of course you give up grip and small bump compliance but it will jump better, at least I found so with that shock on DH bikes.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:
oo-viper-oo wrote:

You can experiment to get a more poppy feel with the X2: jam it full of spacers, speed up low speed rebound and close low speed compression a few clicks, bit more PSI/less sag. Of course you give up grip and small bump compliance but it will jump better, at least I found so with that shock on DH bikes.

Yeah, that's the great thing about the X2. You can tune it however you want. I put an X2 on my 27.5 cf pro (to get more travel + a better suspension) and it was a huge difference. The regular dps wasn't really that great. It always felt harsh. My friend took a ride on my X2 and said it felt like riding on air. I added an a couple spacers to give it a bit more progression and tweaked a little from fox's recommended tuning. It's a great shock.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
serveace wrote:
Yeah, that's the great thing about the X2. You can tune it however you want. I put an X2 on my 27.5 cf pro (to get more travel + a better suspension) and it was a huge difference. The regular dps wasn't really that great. It always felt harsh. My friend took a ride on my X2 and said it felt like riding on air. I added an a couple spacers to give it a bit more progression and tweaked a little from fox's recommended tuning. It's a great shock.

Can I ask your weight, psi and X2 settings? I am just curious where you ended up with it

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
zapat wrote:
serveace wrote:

Can I ask your weight, psi and X2 settings? I am just curious where you ended up with it

Geared to ride I'm around 170-175lb, depending on how many cookies I've had recently ;-)

Currently my bike is set up to be super plush (~30% sag) as I did a really rocky race and haven't really tinkered with the settings since:

PSI: 175
LSR: 16
HSR: 12
LSC: 16
HSC: 15

Settings are pretty much in line with the tuning guide from fox. If I'm doing a trail that has more jumps/drops I may tinker a bit to give more support. Biggest thing I noticed right away over the stock dps is the bike felt more composed when jumping. With the stock shock, it felt a bit harsh and always seemed like the bike was bucking me off jumps. Also the bike seems to track better when cornering and holds a line a better. I also never use the climb switch, b/c I always forget to click it back when going down.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
I'm thinking of ordering a new jeffsy 27, I'm 184cm and roughly 70kg, should I go for a large or XL? YTs size chart says I'm right in the middle

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
IDHI wrote:
I'm thinking of ordering a new jeffsy 27, I'm 184cm and roughly 70kg, should I go for a large or XL? YTs size chart says I'm right in the middle

Alu or carbon? the new carbons are Mk2 (or whatever they use to mark redesigns), while the alus are still Mk1.
I have an Mk1 L frame and I am 183cms with long legs: reach could be longer, but Mk1 frames are tall as hell.

If I were you I'd go with XL mk2, they reduced the stupidly long seattube height, but it has a healthy 482mm reach. Seems perfect.
With Mk1 XL you need to check the height if you can use it with the provided seatpost at all.

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
I just read the previous post and I am in the same boat.

Last year I bought a 2018 Capra CF 27.5 XL. I am 6' / 183 cm tall with a 32" / 81 cm inseam, so I am right between a L and XL. Although the Capra is the best bike I have ever ridden, I thought the XL was a bit too big / long for me even though I have a long torso and my arm span is slightly greater than the height.

I road the chairlift in Whistler with Tippie last fall. We are the exact same height - right in between the L and XL. He rides the L in the Capra. He prefers a more playful ride he can throw around. I'm no where near the rider he is and I also prefer a bike I can manoeuvre easily.

I am planning on buying the new 2019 Jeffsy 27.5 CF Comp or CF Pro. I am leaning towards the L but on the L I am concerned the effective top tube length is too short (612 mm) and on the XL I am concerned the reach is too long (485 cm).

Thoughts?

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
mightymaus wrote:
I just read the previous post and I am in the same boat.

Last year I bought a 2018 Capra CF 27.5 XL. I am 6' / 183 cm tall with a 32" / 81 cm inseam, so I am right between a L and XL. Although the Capra is the best bike I have ever ridden, I thought the XL was a bit too big / long for me even though I have a long torso and my arm span is slightly greater than the height.

I road the chairlift in Whistler with Tippie last fall. We are the exact same height - right in between the L and XL. He rides the L in the Capra. He prefers a more playful ride he can throw around. I'm no where near the rider he is and I also prefer a bike I can manoeuvre easily.

I am planning on buying the new 2019 Jeffsy 27.5 CF Comp or CF Pro. I am leaning towards the L but on the L I am concerned the effective top tube length is too short (612 mm) and on the XL I am concerned the reach is too long (485 cm).

Thoughts?

I’d size down, but that’s just me.

I sorta sometimes wish I’d gotten a Jeffsica in S rather than M.

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
A jeffsy cf 27 2018 is on its way to me...
What chainguide do u recommend ?
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011157
Mobile Version of Website