YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Author Message
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
Can someone please post ID code from Fox DPX2 on 2017-2018 Jeffsy ? Need to know the internal tunes of this shock for jeffsy. I want to replace stock RS Deluxe. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
Here's a few:

DG89
DGYP
DHHC
DPPX

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
Thank you a lot. DGYP doesn't work. It should be from 2018 CF Pro Race. That's the one I was looking for but it is useless.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
Yeah, DGYP was off a 2018 cf pro race. I don't know why it's not showing the specifications though.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
My 18 had DGYP. Sure if you scroll back thru thread you will find info on it.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
Found it. Thank you guys for help.

ID: DGYP
2018, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj Evol LV, YT, AM182710 - Jeffsy 27,5", 230, 65, 0.2 Spacer, CM, RL, Rezi A F M, Orange Logo, Green Oil

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
Hi guys,

I own a 2018 YT Jeffsy CF Pro. I'm thinking of replacing the Elite DPS with a Elite DPX2.

Fist off, is it worth it? I do some bigger descents, but never really notice any overheating issues, but I've never really rode a DPX2.

Second, am I right to buy the same measurements? The DPS on there now is 230x60mm so I should be fine buying a 230x60mm DPX2 right?

Sorry if these are stupid-ass questions.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 23:11 Quote
captbennett wrote:
Hi guys,

I own a 2018 YT Jeffsy CF Pro. I'm thinking of replacing the Elite DPS with a Elite DPX2.

Fist off, is it worth it? I do some bigger descents, but never really notice any overheating issues, but I've never really rode a DPX2.

Second, am I right to buy the same measurements? The DPS on there now is 230x60mm so I should be fine buying a 230x60mm DPX2 right?

Sorry if these are stupid-ass questions.

Thanks.

You could choose from 230x60mm or 230x65 i think. Then you get 160mm travel. You will not notice the ekstra travel that much. What you will notice from DPS to DPX2 is small bump sensitivity, support and the tune ability.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
Whitesp0t wrote:
captbennett wrote:
Hi guys,

I own a 2018 YT Jeffsy CF Pro. I'm thinking of replacing the Elite DPS with a Elite DPX2.

Fist off, is it worth it? I do some bigger descents, but never really notice any overheating issues, but I've never really rode a DPX2.

Second, am I right to buy the same measurements? The DPS on there now is 230x60mm so I should be fine buying a 230x60mm DPX2 right?

Sorry if these are stupid-ass questions.

Thanks.

You could choose from 230x60mm or 230x65 i think. Then you get 160mm travel. You will not notice the ekstra travel that much. What you will notice from DPS to DPX2 is small bump sensitivity, support and the tune ability.

Can anyone confirm that the 230x65mm will fit on a 2018 CF Pro?

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
captbennett wrote:
Whitesp0t wrote:
captbennett wrote:
Hi guys,

I own a 2018 YT Jeffsy CF Pro. I'm thinking of replacing the Elite DPS with a Elite DPX2.

Fist off, is it worth it? I do some bigger descents, but never really notice any overheating issues, but I've never really rode a DPX2.

Second, am I right to buy the same measurements? The DPS on there now is 230x60mm so I should be fine buying a 230x60mm DPX2 right?

Sorry if these are stupid-ass questions.

Thanks.

You could choose from 230x60mm or 230x65 i think. Then you get 160mm travel. You will not notice the ekstra travel that much. What you will notice from DPS to DPX2 is small bump sensitivity, support and the tune ability.

Can anyone confirm that the 230x65mm will fit on a 2018 CF Pro?

Yes a 230x60 shock comes stock on the MK1 and MK2 27.5 Jeffsy. A 230x65 shock also works and is what is specced on the newer “pro race” models, giving the bike 160mm of rear travel vs 150mm.


On my 2018 Jeffsy, I run a 160 fork up front but decided to stick to 150 in the rear for now. Big reason is because it’ll lower your BB (because of sag) and I personally found that the Jeffsy is already a bit low. You could always run less sag but then you won’t get as much small bump compliance-which the Jeffsy seems to lack with an air shock given the progressive nature of the suspension and the progressive nature of air shocks. More travel will also steepen your HA angle and the reason I bumped the fork to 160 was to slacken the bike. I personally switched to a coil shock and it has been mind blowing, way better then the DPS shock that came on the bike which I could never get to feel right. In my opinion, the bump in travel isn’t worth the change in geometry. Not bragging here but I ride fairly hard and have never thought about 1cm of additional travel but I have however wished many times that the bike was even slacker than it is especially during rough, steep bits.

Apparently the Fox X2 is great on these bikes, given it’s more linear nature and suppleness.
I would personally stray away from the DPX2. You would benefit more with a coil shock, Jade Topaz is really good on these bikes and of course the Fox X2. The DPX2 is going to feel very similar to the DPS which in my opinion is a super crappy shock for this bike. If you do bigger descents, it’s a no brainer to go coil.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
captbennett wrote:
Whitesp0t wrote:


You could choose from 230x60mm or 230x65 i think. Then you get 160mm travel. You will not notice the ekstra travel that much. What you will notice from DPS to DPX2 is small bump sensitivity, support and the tune ability.

Can anyone confirm that the 230x65mm will fit on a 2018 CF Pro?

Yes a 230x60 shock comes stock on the MK1 and MK2 27.5 Jeffsy. A 230x65 shock also works and is what is specced on the newer “pro race” models, giving the bike 160mm of rear travel vs 150mm.


On my 2018 Jeffsy, I run a 160 fork up front but decided to stick to 150 in the rear for now. Big reason is because it’ll lower your BB (because of sag) and I personally found that the Jeffsy is already a bit low. You could always run less sag but then you won’t get as much small bump compliance-which the Jeffsy seems to lack with an air shock given the progressive nature of the suspension and the progressive nature of air shocks. More travel will also steepen your HA angle and the reason I bumped the fork to 160 was to slacken the bike. I personally switched to a coil shock and it has been mind blowing, way better then the DPS shock that came on the bike which I could never get to feel right. In my opinion, the bump in travel isn’t worth the change in geometry. Not bragging here but I ride fairly hard and have never thought about 1cm of additional travel but I have however wished many times that the bike was even slacker than it is especially during rough, steep bits.

Apparently the Fox X2 is great on these bikes, given it’s more linear nature and suppleness.
I would personally stray away from the DPX2. You would benefit more with a coil shock, Jade Topaz is really good on these bikes and of course the Fox X2. The DPX2 is going to feel very similar to the DPS which in my opinion is a super crappy shock for this bike. If you do bigger descents, it’s a no brainer to go coil.

Awesome. Really appreciate you breaking it down from personal experience.

Looking at the X2. Does anyone know what Custom Tune IDs work best with the Jeffsy?

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
captbennett wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
captbennett wrote:


Can anyone confirm that the 230x65mm will fit on a 2018 CF Pro?

Yes a 230x60 shock comes stock on the MK1 and MK2 27.5 Jeffsy. A 230x65 shock also works and is what is specced on the newer “pro race” models, giving the bike 160mm of rear travel vs 150mm.


On my 2018 Jeffsy, I run a 160 fork up front but decided to stick to 150 in the rear for now. Big reason is because it’ll lower your BB (because of sag) and I personally found that the Jeffsy is already a bit low. You could always run less sag but then you won’t get as much small bump compliance-which the Jeffsy seems to lack with an air shock given the progressive nature of the suspension and the progressive nature of air shocks. More travel will also steepen your HA angle and the reason I bumped the fork to 160 was to slacken the bike. I personally switched to a coil shock and it has been mind blowing, way better then the DPS shock that came on the bike which I could never get to feel right. In my opinion, the bump in travel isn’t worth the change in geometry. Not bragging here but I ride fairly hard and have never thought about 1cm of additional travel but I have however wished many times that the bike was even slacker than it is especially during rough, steep bits.

Apparently the Fox X2 is great on these bikes, given it’s more linear nature and suppleness.
I would personally stray away from the DPX2. You would benefit more with a coil shock, Jade Topaz is really good on these bikes and of course the Fox X2. The DPX2 is going to feel very similar to the DPS which in my opinion is a super crappy shock for this bike. If you do bigger descents, it’s a no brainer to go coil.

Awesome. Really appreciate you breaking it down from personal experience.

Looking at the X2. Does anyone know what Custom Tune IDs work best with the Jeffsy?

Contacted YT and they said any would be fine because of how customizable the X2 is. Just bought a 230x60 for my 2018 CF Pro.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
bendy12345 wrote:
Ok so just for future reference for anyone else, I have just replaced the rubbish Acros AZX-203 headset on my '18 Jeffsy AL with a Cane Creek 40, ZS44 / ZS56.

Removal of the Acros was easy enough, as was installation of the Cane Creek. No special tools used, just a rubber mallet, some blocks of wood and plenty of grease on installation.




Just did the same for my '07 Jeffsy. Now my BB is shot this week, FML.

Anyone know the spindle diameter on the RF crankset on the 2017 Jeffsy AL1 27.5? I'm assuming it's 30mm, but hoping it's 24mm as that's what my LBS has in stock.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
acrossthec wrote:
Just did the same for my '07 Jeffsy. Now my BB is shot this week, FML.

Anyone know the spindle diameter on the RF crankset on the 2017 Jeffsy AL1 27.5? I'm assuming it's 30mm, but hoping it's 24mm as that's what my LBS has in stock.

MY17 AL One has a Raceface Turbine crankset, which is 30mm.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
The RF aeffect crankset is 24mm


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007381
Mobile Version of Website