YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 18:25 Quote
Hey guys, I recently picked up a Garmin for my Jeffsy and was looking around for a mount. I couldn't find something that I was sure would work with the Renthal bars. I ended up designing and 3D printing a custom mount. The file is available here if anyone is interested; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4814885

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
That is very tidy looking. I have a 3d Printer myself, and I'm wondering why you went with such light infill. 25% is great for toys and such, but damn, son, this is a key component to your steering stem. Not sure I'd trust PLA to that without at least going with a higher infill.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
Hi, I want to inform about a problem I had with my Jeffsy AL 2018 mod. Had a terrible creaking which sounded like it was coming from the BB. The real culprit was the main pivot bolt. Dry as hell. Checked the bearings and they where fin with no play and rolled as it should. Cleaned and greased the whole thing. Silent. Been trying to fix this for like 3 months now....Hope this help others.

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
Anyone know what the max insertion depth would be on a Mk1 Jeffsy CF frame, size Medium?

Looking for a new Dropper. Can’t get a 150mm OneUp V2, which is what I’d like. Thinking maybe a Crankbrothers Highline 7, but the 125mm post is a bit longer than the OG RF turbine. Wondering if it’ll fit?

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 0:08 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Anyone know what the max insertion depth would be on a Mk1 Jeffsy CF frame, size Medium?

Looking for a new Dropper. Can’t get a 150mm OneUp V2, which is what I’d like. Thinking maybe a Crankbrothers Highline 7, but the 125mm post is a bit longer than the OG RF turbine. Wondering if it’ll fit?

I'm not sure if it's the same, but on my AL medium I currently have a one up 170mm slammed

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the same, but on my AL medium I currently have a one up 170mm slammed

Yeah, I did some research and it turns out that the 150mm e*thirteen TRS dropper that came on the 2018 CF bike is the exact same max insertion depth as the 180mm OneUp V2.

My brother has a 150mm one on his large Jeffsy and has it slammed, the medium would have had the 150mm post too. So I ordered the 180mm post last night which OneUp still has in stock. I’ll have to shim it down to 160mm, but at that length it should fit me perfect.

I considered a PNW components loam dropper too, but they’re completely out of stock everywhere.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 0:33 Quote
Not helpful but YT told me the mk1 CF large was "around" 225mm. I ran a 150mm OneUp as at that time only the v1 was out and I couldn't fit the 180.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Not helpful but YT told me the mk1 CF large was "around" 225mm. I ran a 150mm OneUp as at that time only the v1 was out and I couldn't fit the 180.

We’ll I just dropped a 180mm V2 into my 2017 CF medium, fits fine, works great. Shimmed it down to 160mm and it fits me like a glove now (the old RF turbine 150mm was a hair too tall when slammed).

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
Hi there, I’m in need of an advice. My RS Deluxe shock on 2019 Jeffsy Pro just gave it up and I am in search of a new rear susp. I am looking at RS Super Deluxe 230x60mm, however, I can get much better deal on 230x65mm. I know it is possible to fit it and consequently rise the rear travel to 160mm, however, I’m not intending to rise my front travel to 160 (don’t want shorter reach).

My question is - is it possible to ride without any sacrifice the 150mm up front and 160mm in rear? To me it makes sense, that the geo wouldn’t change, as both shocks are 230mm in length, but I am little worried about the changing kinematics. Thanks for the answers!

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Kolikjun wrote:
Hi there, I’m in need of an advice. My RS Deluxe shock on 2019 Jeffsy Pro just gave it up and I am in search of a new rear susp. I am looking at RS Super Deluxe 230x60mm, however, I can get much better deal on 230x65mm. I know it is possible to fit it and consequently rise the rear travel to 160mm, however, I’m not intending to rise my front travel to 160 (don’t want shorter reach).

My question is - is it possible to ride without any sacrifice the 150mm up front and 160mm in rear? To me it makes sense, that the geo wouldn’t change, as both shocks are 230mm in length, but I am little worried about the changing kinematics. Thanks for the answers!

It’ll be fine. I did just that all of last season and couldn’t really even feel a difference.

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
Kolikjun wrote:

I've had that setup for a couple of years now, the rear has a Dpx2 off a pro race with a 150mm rhythm at the front. I can feel that the rear is better than the front at being a suspension, but can't report any adverse geometry changes

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
What kind of printer do you have? From the photos, your parts appear to be quite polished. Many printed materials at printer how have visible lines from each layer due to lesser resolution or simply higher layer thickness settings.

I have a Cygolite Expillion 800 and a Light & Motion Taz 800. I don't like using a strap (you have to aim every time, and it slips), and it would be fantastic if you could 3D print a base for the L&M (there's a screw for it at the bottom) that allows you to put it into the Cygolite handlebar attachment.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
Gabriellk wrote:
What kind of printer do you have? From the photos, your parts appear to be quite polished. Many printed materials have visible lines from each layer due to lesser resolution or simply higher layer thickness settings.

I have a Cygolite Expillion 800 and a Light & Motion Taz 800. I don't like using a strap (you have to aim every time, and it slips), and it would be fantastic if you could 3D print a base for the L&M (there's a screw for it at the bottom) that allows you to put it into the Cygolite handlebar attachment.

The part is printed on a Prusa MK3s but note that the only 3D printed part is the gray piece. The printed part does have the typical layer lines and such. If you're looking at the 5mm spacer, that's an anodized aluminum part.

As an aside, I've been on a number of rides including park days and the part is working great with no indications of failure.

Unfortunately I don't have a Taz 800 on hand and the design process is kind of iterative. If I had one I would be more than happy to draw something up.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Hi folks, Looking to get away from 30mm Bottom bracket on my 2017 Jeffsy AL1.

I took off original BB and actually no problems from new! must be lucky.

I'm looking at upgrading to new bottom bracket and new cranks anyway, something that is as close to plug and play as possible that isn't going to cost way too much.

I know the chainline is 52mm but I'm trying to find details on spindle length / chainring offset etc.

Any suggestions folks?

TIA

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008723
Mobile Version of Website