YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Davido2005 wrote:
Can anyone help me decide between cf one and cf pro? Specifically is the suspension really that much of an upgrade on the cf pro?

Tricky.

The fox shock is far superior due to the almost ridged lockout.

But I much prefer the pikes over the 34 - way stiffer and better small bump compliance.

Is the fox shock better other than the lockout? Having a super firm lockout doesnt really bother me too much. Also was very keen on eagle until I realised the price when you need a new cassette!

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
trombs wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time dealing with my flat Spank pedals on the Eagle cranks. As best I can tell, they're binding on the protective crank boot. Yes, I installed the washers/spacers. It takes all my concentration to push my feet flat and force them to rotate, forget about biking. Is that normal?

Try two washers per pedal? I think I required two for my RF Atlas on my DH bike which has SIXC cranks with protective boots on them. You should be able to find a spec for max amount of washers per pedal since there's a minimum thread required.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 15:59 Quote
Does anyone have the dimensions of the box the Jeffsy 27 is shipped in? Size large if it makes a diff, but I'm guessing all the boxes are the same.

Edit: Found on the YT website, can't delete this post... Answer is: Dimensions: 132cm x 82cm x 32cm, 7kg (without bike).

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Got my CF Pro and built it last night:

Jeffsy 27 CF Pro - built

Set the tires up tubeless (still holding air today)
RaceFace chester pedals
Ergon GE1 grips
MuckyNutz fender (black/red - not in the picture)

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 10:31 Quote
Nice! Let us know how it rides. Was it set up well out of the box, ie brakes bled etc?

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
Davido2005 wrote:
Nice! Let us know how it rides. Was it set up well out of the box, ie brakes bled etc?

I didn't really have to adjust anything. Brakes have a solid feel so I didn't bleed them. Gears shifted without issues, brake levers were angled pretty much dead on for my riding position. Only changes I made were to move the dropper lever inboard of the brakes and adjust the angle of the shifter trigger. The tires were a bit difficult to get the bead to set, but I sort of expected that since they're the non-tr version. I don't really want to replace brand new tires so I'll probably just stick with them until they wear out.

The eagle drivetrain is super quiet and I think the e13 hubs have a unique sound which I happen to like. The sdg saddle is really nice - much better than other stock saddles.

Also, the bike came with a small pack of finish line carbon assembly compound and tubeless valves. Wheels were pre-taped.

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 18:59 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
GrandMasterOrge wrote:
Spangle123 wrote:
My CF One finally arrived on Friday

What size is your frame Spangle123?

Large and I'm 183cm

Does it feel roomy enough cause i got a medium and I'm 1.80?

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
James98PB wrote:
Spangle123 wrote:
GrandMasterOrge wrote:

What size is your frame Spangle123?

Large and I'm 183cm

Does it feel roomy enough cause i got a medium and I'm 1.80?

I'm 177 and I've had my M CF1 for 2 weeks. Sizing and handle bar width feels perfect, although I do have long arms. Also if it was any bigger I'd need a shorter dropper post.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 0:25 Quote
Hi,

Decided to upgrade from my old 2007 Canyon Nerve ESX (probably size M) to a new bike and I'd quite like to buy a Jeffsy 27 pro. the problem is sizing. I'm 177 cm tall, inseam is 86 cm and I thought I could get along with size M until I drove Pivot Mach 6 in M and found its geometry awful for me. While sitting, it was just a tad short, but while standing up in techical trail I was having big trouble keeping myself behind the handle bar. This is probably due to really short reach of that model. Also the stack of that bike was probably too short for me.

My old bike has a top tube of 575 mm and a 90 mm stem and I found it pretty good on the trails although on the roads I found it slightly long... but who cares about that Smile I could get to very similar figure with Jeffsy 27 size L by shortening the stem to a 40 mm one, or with size M by increasing the stem length to 60 mm, no problems there.

What I'm more worried about is the stack. I probably have quite long legs relative to my height and maybe that requires taller stack from the geometry. I could try to accomplish this with high raiser bars, or just by going for size L.

Any ideas on what would be the correct size for me.... I'm starting to lean towards L

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 0:45 Quote
74NZ wrote:

I'm 177 and I've had my M CF1 for 2 weeks. Sizing and handle bar width feels perfect, although I do have long arms. Also if it was any bigger I'd need a shorter dropper post.

We're the same height... what is your inseam?

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
aetuonon wrote:
74NZ wrote:

We're the same height... what is your inseam?

About 83cm.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 13:12 Quote
Anyone on a jeffsy 27 that has ridden a capra too? I've just noticed the chainstays are actually longer than the capra. Quite long at 17.12" for a 650b bike. Anyone found this an issue with the tight corners? I'm guessing it makes the bike feel very stable at high speed which is going to be a big plus...

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
gramboh wrote:
trombs wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time dealing with my flat Spank pedals on the Eagle cranks. As best I can tell, they're binding on the protective crank boot. Yes, I installed the washers/spacers. It takes all my concentration to push my feet flat and force them to rotate, forget about biking. Is that normal?

Try two washers per pedal? I think I required two for my RF Atlas on my DH bike which has SIXC cranks with protective boots on them. You should be able to find a spec for max amount of washers per pedal since there's a minimum thread required.

Two washers per pedal fixed the issue, easy peasy. All better, thanks for the suggestion.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 18:26 Quote
serveace wrote:
Davido2005 wrote:

I didn't really have to adjust anything. Brakes have a solid feel so I didn't bleed them. Gears shifted without issues, brake levers were angled pretty much dead on for my riding position. Only changes I made were to move the dropper lever inboard of the brakes and adjust the angle of the shifter trigger. The tires were a bit difficult to get the bead to set, but I sort of expected that since they're the non-tr version. I don't really want to replace brand new tires so I'll probably just stick with them until they wear out.

The eagle drivetrain is super quiet and I think the e13 hubs have a unique sound which I happen to like. The sdg saddle is really nice - much better than other stock saddles.

Also, the bike came with a small pack of finish line carbon assembly compound and tubeless valves. Wheels were pre-taped.

Did a couple rides on it so far. This bike likes to go downhill, that's for sure. Compared to the 29er it replaced, it seems climbing and flats are comparable, but I carry so much speed through the downhills it's almost scary (almost...it eats it up, though). It's also a much easier to jump.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 22:36 Quote
serveace wrote:
serveace wrote:
Davido2005 wrote:

Did a couple rides on it so far. This bike likes to go downhill, that's for sure. Compared to the 29er it replaced, it seems climbing and flats are comparable, but I carry so much speed through the downhills it's almost scary (almost...it eats it up, though). It's also a much easier to jump.

Which 29er did it replace? Jeffsy 29?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013547
Mobile Version of Website