YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
Gamefreak2281 wrote:
I had A LOT of creaking issues with the trs+ dropper... I think I got it all sorted out using park tool anti seize. But it comes back after about 3 rides. Any other suggestions? I've tried regular polylube but it didn't last one ride!

I have the AL1 by the way.
I have the AL1 too.

I had creaking dropper too, I tried to grease it, but that worked just for few rides. But since I've taped under and below seatpost clamp (to cover the "cut") — creaking stopped.

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 0:30 Quote
Need some help with tubeless, my E13 ERS rims were pre taped but the tape gas come away from the inside edge.

Does it need to be right up flush with it?

If so I need to retape the rims, any one advise what size rim tape to use please?

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 5:06 Quote
RichN21 wrote:
Need some help with tubeless, my E13 ERS rims were pre taped but the tape gas come away from the inside edge.

If so I need to retape the rims, any one advise what size rim tape to use please?

The tape just needs to be wide enough to cover the spoke holes and provide an air tight seal. Before re-taping I would just ensure there are no bubbles in the tape and that there is a good seal by running your thumb around the wheel. Its a good idea to use something like a tyre lever to run round all the edges of the rim which will help press the tape down.

Once I have the rim taped and the valve installed i try and seat the tyre without any sealant and if successful I will then remove the valve core and inject the sealant which will save making a mess and wasting sealant

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 5:31 Quote
Use Gorilla tape, it works every time.

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
Creaking sounds (AL models): I've never had so much creaking on any bike, ever! But I got all of them sorted:
-by far the worst is the E13 dropper: it's zube is not straight. Add assemblypaste on the top half, LOT of grease on the lower part. Repeat after any wet events! (washing, rain, etc).

-next was my collar. I bought a Hope one, it's now fine.

-my headset was totally ungreased and could creak at specific angles.

-my favourite one though is the little eyelet for the dropper cable under the rocker pivot on the seattube: it collects dust and as the pivots move the fram, the little fcker moves in ther too, giving those very little creaks under hard pedalling. It took me 10 hours and two full disassembly to figure it out.

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 5:51 Quote
konabigshed wrote:

But what size?

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 6:00 Quote
elementour wrote:
RichN21 wrote:

The tape just needs to be wide enough to cover the spoke holes and provide an air tight seal. Before re-taping I would just ensure there are no bubbles in the tape and that there is a good seal by running your thumb around the wheel. Its a good idea to use something like a tyre lever to run round all the edges of the rim which will help press the tape down.

Once I have the rim taped and the valve installed i try and seat the tyre without any sealant and if successful I will then remove the valve core and inject the sealant which will save making a mess and wasting sealant

What do you use to get the sealant through the valve?

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 6:21 Quote
RichN21 wrote:
elementour wrote:
RichN21 wrote:

What do you use to get the sealant through the valve?

stans do an injector which screws onto the vavle (with the vale core removed) but I just used a 50ml syringe that I had laying around. just dont squirt it in too fast if using the same method as me

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 9:46 Quote
RichN21 wrote:
konabigshed wrote:

But what size?
I use 25mm tape with just one layer wrapped around the rim worked in well with thumbs.
I never put sealant through the valve, I just leave off the last bit of tyre, tip in the fluid turn the wheel and pop the last bit of tyre on, done.
Also I've made my own air shot from a plastic cider bottle, the valves are in the screw top so you don't dangerously over use one bottle.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
Well, I know quite a few people have had issues with delivery timelines and responsiveness, but I needed to share my frustrations. Purchased the AL 1 in large back in mid July, with an availability date of 2 August. It's now a month later and I still don't have a shipping date yet.

I've been trying really hard not to drive their rep JM crazy with emails, so I've been keeping it to roughly once a week. Didn't hear anything from them until they were back from Crankworx, and was assured that they were working on it. Last week I reached out to them again - email, phone and facebook messenger (which tends to get the fastest response I've found), and told the bikes had been stuck in customs, and that they would be shipped by the end of last week. JM told me he'd try and get me a tracking number by the end of day Thursday, but I didn't get anything and it's been radio silence since then.

I get that they are busy, and that there are probably delays beyond their control. I even expected it based on the comments I've seen here on the forums when doing my research on sizing. It's the lack of updates that are killing me, I just want to be kept up to date on what's going on - why is delayed, when do they think it will ship realistically, when that doesn't happen give an explanation, etc. It's just so frustrating to hear nothing at all when you're anxiously awaiting something you've spent so much money on. Perhaps I'm just a spoiled millennial and want everything instantly.

In my opinion the direct sales model only really works if they have good customer service. Online retail works so well because it's supposed to be easy. Just click a couple buttons and it shows up shortly after. If Amazon worked the way YT does, it would be out of business in a matter of months! If it weren't for the fact that they're making a quality product (presumably - haven't had the chance to actually test that theory yet) at an affordable price point, they'd be dying faster than the plants my wife forgets to water. Maybe my tune will change when I finally get to ride the bike, but I certainly would not recommend to anyone that they order from YT at this point. I shudder to think of the headaches that will come if I ever have to warranty the bike.

TLDR: still waiting for my bike. customer service sucks. get what you pay for?

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
acrossthec wrote:
Well, I know quite a few people have had issues with delivery timelines and responsiveness, but I needed to share my frustrations. Purchased the AL 1 in large back in mid July, with an availability date of 2 August. It's now a month later and I still don't have a shipping date yet.

I've been trying really hard not to drive their rep JM crazy with emails, so I've been keeping it to roughly once a week. Didn't hear anything from them until they were back from Crankworx, and was assured that they were working on it. Last week I reached out to them again - email, phone and facebook messenger (which tends to get the fastest response I've found), and told the bikes had been stuck in customs, and that they would be shipped by the end of last week. JM told me he'd try and get me a tracking number by the end of day Thursday, but I didn't get anything and it's been radio silence since then.

I get that they are busy, and that there are probably delays beyond their control. I even expected it based on the comments I've seen here on the forums when doing my research on sizing. It's the lack of updates that are killing me, I just want to be kept up to date on what's going on - why is delayed, when do they think it will ship realistically, when that doesn't happen give an explanation, etc. It's just so frustrating to hear nothing at all when you're anxiously awaiting something you've spent so much money on. Perhaps I'm just a spoiled millennial and want everything instantly.

In my opinion the direct sales model only really works if they have good customer service. Online retail works so well because it's supposed to be easy. Just click a couple buttons and it shows up shortly after. If Amazon worked the way YT does, it would be out of business in a matter of months! If it weren't for the fact that they're making a quality product (presumably - haven't had the chance to actually test that theory yet) at an affordable price point, they'd be dying faster than the plants my wife forgets to water. Maybe my tune will change when I finally get to ride the bike, but I certainly would not recommend to anyone that they order from YT at this point. I shudder to think of the headaches that will come if I ever have to warranty the bike.

TLDR: still waiting for my bike. customer service sucks. get what you pay for?

I definitely understand your frustration. I ordered through Canada myself; a bike that was in stock. Took a lot longer than I anticipated for them to get it in to the mail, and I'm not a patient person with things like this, especially when I'm paying a few thousand dollars...

But I got my bike about a week and a half ago, and believe me when I say this; it's very much worth the wait!

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 7:55 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
But I got my bike about a week and a half ago, and believe me when I say this; it's very much worth the wait!

Lets hope so! Honestly, I probably wouldn't mind the wait so much if I just knew what was taking so long. Just a friendly email to update me on the status now and again so I'm not constantly chasing them for the bad news would go a long way.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Just ordered the CF Pro Race Smile just got to wait til mid October now haha
yeah me to i can't wait????
I nearly went for a t130 c works but with the £400 discount it made my mind up.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
billet65 wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Just ordered the CF Pro Race Smile just got to wait til mid October now haha
yeah me to i can't wait????
I nearly went for a t130 c works but with the £400 discount it made my mind up.

The Whyte was on my shortlist too along with a new Commencal Meta V4.2. The Jeffsy won on value for money really, especially with the £400 off like you say!

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
GnarlyRipper wrote:
Hey, so right now I'm looking to get myself a yt. Amazing price to spec ratio and hey they sponsor Aaron gwinn they gotta make good rights? I'm just torn between the Jeffsy 27.5 and the Capra, my riding consists of flowy xc trails all the way to fairly gnarly bike parkish downhill sections(the fun part) which bike should I go for?

What size bike are you looking for I'm selling my Jeffsy 275 CF1 in large if interested for 3500

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012193
Mobile Version of Website