YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 14:44 Quote
Anyone finding that the derailleur hanger is really soft? Bashed my mech pretty softly in some dirt and it bent the hanger pretty bad. Glad I ordered a back-up... gonna order two more lol.

Got about 400km on the bike now including a multi-day trip in the Chilcotins with 30-45km rides 1,500m+ vert each day. Jeffsy 27 was perfect for it.

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 14:41 Quote
RichN21 wrote:
Need some help with tubeless, my E13 ERS rims were pre taped but the tape gas come away from the inside edge.

Does it need to be right up flush with it?

If so I need to retape the rims, any one advise what size rim tape to use please?

Converted mine to tubeless last night without taking off the tires. What I did was just break the bead on one side, yanked out the inner tube, replaced valves, poured the sealant in a small opening using tire levers then finally pumped air. Totally painless conversion.

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
Hi All,
Received my AL2 on Friday and took it for it's first spin yesterday in Glencullen Adventure Park (aka The GAP) in Dublin.
So far so good. Have to tweak the suspension settings a bit but overall I'm very happy with the bike.

I was tidying up the box and cardboard and came across this in the box.
Anyone know what it is??

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
BogDonkey wrote:
Hi All,
Received my AL2 on Friday and took it for it's first spin yesterday in Glencullen Adventure Park (aka The GAP) in Dublin.
So far so good. Have to tweak the suspension settings a bit but overall I'm very happy with the bike.

I was tidying up the box and cardboard and came across this in the box.
Anyone know what it is??

It's for installing your stealth reverb hose. To join the hoses together

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 14:26 Quote
Thanks bud.
That make sense, better hold onto it then.

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
BogDonkey wrote:
Thanks bud.
That make sense, better hold onto it then.

very useful for pulling new brake hoses through the frame too

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
What's peoples opinions on the Jeffsy CF Pro Race 27 for enduro racing? I'm looking for a bike that I can peddle all day, and mainly ride in the FOD and Bike Park Wales but still do some enduro racing and take out to the alps every so often. I was going to choose the Capra, but I think it might be too much bike, specially for the uphill's. I'm thinking of the Race because it's 160mm and got 400 off at the moment. One of my specific concern with the Jeffsy is the Fox Factory 34's and if they are going to be stiff enough for enduro riding.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
lt9512 wrote:
What's peoples opinions on the Jeffsy CF Pro Race 27 for enduro racing? I'm looking for a bike that I can peddle all day, and mainly ride in the FOD and Bike Park Wales but still do some enduro racing and take out to the alps every so often. I was going to choose the Capra, but I think it might be too much bike, specially for the uphill's. I'm thinking of the Race because it's 160mm and got 400 off at the moment. One of my specific concern with the Jeffsy is the Fox Factory 34's and if they are going to be stiff enough for enduro riding.

Bryan Reigner was going to ride part of the EWS on a CF pro, I think it'll be fine for your needs

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
I found this shock. The size looks good...230x60. Is this shock only for Cannondale Jekyll Modell 2018? or is something wrong with the description? have anyone tried to switch to coil shock? If yes can you post some images?

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
vbsorin wrote:
I found this shock. The size looks good...230x60. Is this shock only for Cannondale Jekyll Modell 2018? or is something wrong with the description? have anyone tried to switch to coil shock? If yes can you post some images?

Bike-components also have this one for the new Patrol.
https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/Super-Deluxe-Coil-RCT-Daempfer-fuer-Transition-Patrol-Modell-2018-p56939/

It's 230x65, for those who wan't to go 160mm travel in the rear.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
Prior to getting the bike I spent a lot of time reading this board and it gave me some great insights which helped me decide on buying it, so I wanted to give some info back. I got some 600km on the bike and got a pretty good feel of it, so here are a couple of thoughts. If you`re looking for a decent all-rounder and you`re on a budget I wouldn't look any further. Get the bicycle, you wont be disappointed.
I got the 27 AL2 in size L. I`m about 180cm (5'11") tall and the bike fits like a glove. The 150mm dropper is slammed almost all the way down so its completely out of the way. My previous bike was a 120mm travel XC bike so in comparison to it Jeffsy feels very roomy, very very long and exceptionally stable at higher speeds. The bike also corners great. On my first rides I felt 3 times safer and in control while being 2 times faster than usual. Been having so much fun on the descents while still being able to handle all the climbs I could do on my last more climbing oriented bike. Almost beat some Strava climbing segments on it. No lockout on the RS Deluxe R shock seems to be compromise opposed to the pricier models but I really cant feel any pedal bob. Looking at the shock while pedaling some movement can be seen, but cant be felt. Swapped the double drive to a 1X chainring (32t oval). For a 150mm travel bike, it still climbs great. Might even use it for some bikepacking trips.I`ve been seeing some negative comments on the Guide R brakes, but mine have been great from day one. The only not-so-great thing about the bike are the DT M1900 wheels. They don`t come pre-taped, and you don`t get any valves so keep that in mind. Stock Maxxis high rollers are not designated as tubeless ready but work great. Had a great seal first try. Taped the rims using the recomended DT swiss tape and valves and had some strange problems. The rims leaked sealant at some spoke holes and at the rim seam. Will probably be replacing them, which isnt such a big deal looking at the overall price of the bike. Also had some problems with the shock. It became extremely noisy, making some weird squishy noises and I noticed inconsistencies in the travel. Its being sent to YT as a warranty. Also, great service by the guys at YT.
Just get the bike!

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 0:35 Quote
Hesitating between the jeffsy 27.5 race pro and the pro.
Same price but it looks like the pro is more up to date with the eagle sram.
Shame they don't have boost in front otherwise it would be the ultime bike.
Overlooking the models I noticed that the pro 29 weight 12.40kg versus the pro 27.5 at 12.60kg, bit strange no?

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 5:07 Quote
filsdanvers wrote:
Overlooking the models I noticed that the pro 29 weight 12.40kg versus the pro 27.5 at 12.60kg, bit strange no?

Boost front wheel is not very important.

The pro race has the e*thirteen cassette with a wider gear range than the SRAM eagle one can provide. It's also lighter. I'd rather have that than Eagle TBH. Plus, the pro-race gets you the kashima coated fork and shock.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 18:21 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
filsdanvers wrote:

Boost front wheel is not very important.

The pro race has the e*thirteen cassette with a wider gear range than the SRAM eagle one can provide. It's also lighter. I'd rather have that than Eagle TBH. Plus, the pro-race gets you the kashima coated fork and shock.

For me,the fact that they are now the same price for you guys makes it a no brainer to get the CF Pro Race. As alredy mentioned, the e*thirteen drive train is lighter than the Eagle, also has greater gear range by 11% (gear inch comparisons - e*thirteen: low gear 19.45, high gear 98.94. Eagle: low gear 18.90, high gear 94.49), using a 27.5, 2.40 wheel. So you get a significantly faster top speed gear and a very close but slightly harder granny gear. The smaller rear cassette versus the Eagle allows for a smaller chainring up front (32t vs. 34t) which equates to greater ground clearance as well. In addition, the Race has a higher end fork (Fox 34 Float Factory vs Fox 34 Performance Elite) and shock ( Fox Float X Factory vs Fox Float DPS Performance Elite) with an additional 10mm of travel front and back. And I personally like the SRAM Guide Ultimate brakes over the SRAM Guide RSC. My CF Pro Race is supposed to be arriving this week so beyond stoked at this point.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 19:03 Quote
Heard some things about poor paint on yt's especially around the internal cable holes and it peeling off / wearing quickly, Any body have this problem and if so a solution? Im just curious about this because I'm about to pull the trigger on the cf one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023114
Mobile Version of Website