YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 3:41 Quote
Poulsbojohnny wrote:
I was paranoid about it when I first got my AL 2. I only just yesterday clipped a tree for the first time. Wasn't going too fast, so I recovered. I think I'll leave them as is for now. I'll likely go narrow when I get carbon bars just because 800 or even 780 in carbon is hard to find.

Chromag sells a very nice, and reasonably priced carbon bar at 800mm

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 7:56 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Just wondering how many people with a pro race have cut there 800mm rental carbon bars down? If so how much by? I’m thinking 780mm.
I have the 2017 CF Pro Race and love the 800mm bars. Keeping in mind that riding in the Tucson desert is more about avoiding cactus than trees i do occasionally deal with the hand/arm full of cactus needles. Nevertheless, i have no plans on cutting down the 800mm bars at this time.

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
BJBSP50 wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Just wondering how many people with a pro race have cut there 800mm rental carbon bars down? If so how much by? I’m thinking 780mm.
I have the 2017 CF Pro Race and love the 800mm bars. Keeping in mind that riding in the Tucson desert is more about avoiding cactus than trees i do occasionally deal with the hand/arm full of cactus needles. Nevertheless, i have no plans on cutting down the 800mm bars at this time.
I have 825mm deity holeshots on mine and I love them. I have long monkey arms though, and I have always liked the wider bars. A lot of my friends say 780 is the sweet spot though

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 14:39 Quote
Onerecovery wrote:
BJBSP50 wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:
I have 825mm deity holeshots on mine and I love them. I have long monkey arms though, and I have always liked the wider bars. A lot of my friends say 780 is the sweet spot though

Yeah I’ve come from 780mm renthals and I think I’ll cut down these new ones to the same. Cheers dudes

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Hi all
Anyone know where i can get some decals for my 2017 Jeffsy 27.5 CF One. Love the bike, 9 mths old, now want to add some colour.
Thanks

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 18:43 Quote
photo
All finished for now. Fox 36 160mm with Slik graphics (they matched the teal perfectly), Kore stem, Deity holeshot bars, Deity Black kat flats, Deity speed trap saddle. Stoked on this bike!
photo

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 8:18 Quote
Looking good! Now go ride it! Wink

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
danielhfranks wrote:
gramboh wrote:
danielhfranks wrote:
Put a few quick laps on the Jeffsy with new fork and rear shock. Tuning out the little bits but overall impression is that it feels good. Need to up the spring weight as I'm about 25# too low, so going to do that. Actually used full travel first go and the packing up on successive medium size hits is gone, so bonus there.

For those who are curious, now running the 230x60mm rear shock for 150mm of rear travel and 160mm 36 Float up front which slacks out the bike a hair.

photo

Where did you get a 230x60mm DHX2? Is it custom lengthed by one of the shock tuners? On the Fox website I can see the Float X2 in 230x60 and 230x65 but the 2018 DHX2 only shows some Trek metric sizes: http://www.ridefox.com/family.php?m=bike&family=dhx2

Also curious if you know the weight of the shock with the SLS coil on it... I'm thinking about future upgrades as the RS Deluxe is only OK at best, especially for a heavier guy like me.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-DHX2-Factory-Metric-Shock-2018?_br_psugg_q=fox+dhx2

Not sure on weight. Next time it is off I will weigh in and see

Love your overall build man, looks super clean. I just ordered the storm grey / black magic 2018 CF; pics to come when she arrives in early May.

Debating on swapping the Deluxe RT3 out for a DHX2 right off the bat. How much do you weigh and what spring rate are you running? I don't see an option on Jenson to even pick a spring rate. Could you see a need to keep the Deluxe around for the longer, more XC type rides and swapping over to the coil just for park/rowdy ride days? How's the climbing with the DHX2?

Similar to your fork upgrade, I'm thinking of bumping up the travel on the Pike to 160 - do you know the exact geometry changes that go along with the change?

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
switzb15 wrote:
danielhfranks wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Where did you get a 230x60mm DHX2? Is it custom lengthed by one of the shock tuners? On the Fox website I can see the Float X2 in 230x60 and 230x65 but the 2018 DHX2 only shows some Trek metric sizes: http://www.ridefox.com/family.php?m=bike&family=dhx2

Also curious if you know the weight of the shock with the SLS coil on it... I'm thinking about future upgrades as the RS Deluxe is only OK at best, especially for a heavier guy like me.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-DHX2-Factory-Metric-Shock-2018?_br_psugg_q=fox+dhx2

Not sure on weight. Next time it is off I will weigh in and see

Love your overall build man, looks super clean. I just ordered the storm grey / black magic 2018 CF; pics to come when she arrives in early May.

Debating on swapping the Deluxe RT3 out for a DHX2 right off the bat. How much do you weigh and what spring rate are you running? I don't see an option on Jenson to even pick a spring rate. Could you see a need to keep the Deluxe around for the longer, more XC type rides and swapping over to the coil just for park/rowdy ride days? How's the climbing with the DHX2?

Similar to your fork upgrade, I'm thinking of bumping up the travel on the Pike to 160 - do you know the exact geometry changes that go along with the change?

Thanks! Actually have some time on the bike now with the changes and loving it. Haven't noticed a difference in the rear climbing with regards to fire roads, but a little less punchy when you stand on the pedals. Its worth it though coming down, far more predictable. I weight 140lbs and went with the 350 spring. Still debating on bumping up a little and running less compression. With regards to the 160mm up front, believe it slacks it out a half degree and brings up the BB by about 5mm, I could be way off though. I've always ridden bikes that are more DH oriented in trail mode, but haven't had a problem doing long rides with this set up

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
Onerecovery wrote:
All finished for now. Fox 36 160mm with Slik graphics (they matched the teal perfectly), Kore stem, Deity holeshot bars, Deity Black kat flats, Deity speed trap saddle. Stoked on this bike!

Sic!

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
So shout-out to bikeflights, my bike is officially on its way to Hurricane, Utah. The staff have been nothing short of phenomenal!

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 22:54 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
So shout-out to bikeflights, my bike is officially on its way to Hurricane, Utah. The staff have been nothing short of phenomenal!

Agreed mate, they rock!

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 0:06 Quote
switzb15 wrote:

On the official webpage the CF Pro Race geo is exactly the same that you'll get with the 160 mm Pike, well at least this was the case in 2017

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
zapat wrote:
switzb15 wrote:

On the official webpage the CF Pro Race geo is exactly the same that you'll get with the 160 mm Pike, well at least this was the case in 2017

That is still the case, the 2018 still uses a shock with the same length (230mm). So the rear swingarm, is in the same spot at rest. But it can move 10mm more at the end of it's stroke, compared to a non-Pro Race.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 5:30 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
zapat wrote:
switzb15 wrote:

That is still the case, the 2018 still uses a shock with the same length (230mm). So the rear swingarm, is in the same spot at rest. But it can move 10mm more at the end of it's stroke, compared to a non-Pro Race.

Thanks guys. That all makes sense. For 2018, with the rear end staying the same to due the same eye-to-eye measurement on the two different stroke length shocks, the only difference is the 10 mm in fork travel; which looks like it slackens out the head tube and seat tubes 0.5 degree and raises the BB 3 mm, in turn increasing reach and wheel base 4-5 mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.085328
Mobile Version of Website