Ashville NC Area gravity trails suggestions

PB Forum :: USA - East
Ashville NC Area gravity trails suggestions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 8:19 Quote
Hey everyone Im looking for some suggestions and what the good must hit gravity trails are around the Ashville area are. Been spending days on here and single tracks checking out the different trails but you can only get so much from reading about trails and to know which ones are really worth hitting its best to find out from the locals who ride them. Me and a friend are planning a trip down there in the beginning of march and were gonna be spending 9 days down there just to explore the trials and spending 2 diff weekends at Bailey. what do you guys suggest and if we could we would like to meet some of you locals too while were down there maybe show us around to where the good gravity gnar is.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
I'm planning a similar trip. You might want to mention what kind of bikes you are bringing and what kind of trails you like. Freehub magazine did a whole issue on that area that I found really helpful. They posted a bunch of rides to Trailforks to correspond with that issue. I'm not a local but I really enjoyed Heartbreak ridge, kitsuma, black mountain trail, Daniels ridge, Laural mountain to pilot rock. I would definitely check out the trails in DuPont state forest. They are more flowy and maintained than the trails in Pisgah. It's a nice contrast, Pisgah is raw and rugged DuPont is fast and flowy. If you go to the hub in Brevard you can grab a beer and have them help you plan rides in Pisgah and DuPont. I'm not a local though...yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008348
Mobile Version of Website