Another NW Arkansas post...

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Another NW Arkansas post...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 8:28 Quote
Hey ya'll,

Checking in from Asheville, NC to get the low down on what yall got cooking out there in NW Arkansas...

The wife and I are heading out mid-April for a riding vacation and we are stoked to visit your area. Ive read the articles, checked out the you tube videos and researched the trails pretty thoroughly. However I want to get the real dirt on what we should do once we arrive...

The plan is hang out in yalls area for 8 days... riding, camping, trout fishing, chillaxing, and doing our best to sample not only the killer singletrack but also local restaurants, attractions, breweries, etc...

I have never found "top 10 best blah blah blah" articles and lists to be helpful since they often over look the "real deal" spots. So I would really appreciate any advice/input on not only trails to ride but also the things we can do to make the most out of our vacation to yalls neck of the woods. So...

Just a quick background... We live and ride in Asheville, NC in the heart of the Pisgah Nat'l forest. Our rides are typically 20-30 miles with 5000' of climbing with long descents (2-10min) and climbs. We are both technical riders (gap jumps, steep rocky gnar, etc) but also love to rip over flowy, IMBA style trail. We also are good southerners and love grits, livermush, Waylon Jennings, and corn liquor... all the things that make life worth living... haha

1. Where are good camping areas to access the trails? USFS campgrounds, privately managed campgrounds, dirt pull offs, camping at the trail head? we will be camping the whole time in a truck, dirt bag style, so camping near the riding (preferably biking distance) would be awesome.

2. What trails are a MUST ride in NW Arkansas. If you could only ride 10 trails the rest of your life there, what would they be and why? We arent going to ride everyday so packing the quality spots in would be great.

3. Food and Booze... Where are good restaurants in Bentonville, Eureka Springs, etc. near the trail heads? Any "you have to eat brkfst/Dinner here!" type spots? Any breweries/distilleries worth checking out?

4. Other stuff... Any good hikes or attractions worth visiting? I hear there is a Wal-Mart museum and that there are some pretty awesome waterfalls? Anyone recommend any good trout fishing locations? If you only had a week to spend in NW AR for the rest of your life, and you couldnt ride, where would you go?

When we travel we like to immerse ourselves in a town/area. Get to know the locals and spend our $$ at locally owned businesses. Any good data on bike shops, outfitters, etc would be great...

I know this is asking alot of you guys and any information (as much or as little) is greatly appreciated. Thanks again and I am stoked to visit you guys in a couple months!

BTW... Can someone please send me the info on Coler Reserve. I couldnt find much online except you tube videos. That place looks like the cats pajamas and is definitely our type of riding... rocks, speed, FTW! haha

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007407
Mobile Version of Website