Mid-July couple days of trail riding, Colorado or Utah?

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Mid-July couple days of trail riding, Colorado or Utah?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
Hi,

I'll be doing the Colorado Trail in early July, going from Denver to Durango.

Assuming I'm not sick of biking and have a few days left before flying back to Canada, where would you go?

I can fly out of Salt Lake City or Denver so there's a fair amount of choices such as hitting the Whole Enchilada in Moab.

I'm worried about the heat though...

If you had 3 days to bike in the SLC - Denver - Durango triangle, where would you go?

I'm an experienced trail rider but am not into big air nor drops. As a reference I've done both Porcupine Rim and Poison Spider in the past and really liked them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Finishing in Durango gives you a lot of options. I'm in Cortez, which is 45min to the west of Durango, on your way to Moab.

After riding 475 miles on the CT, are you looking to ride different style terrain with less climbing? More desert/high desert or want to keep riding high country?

Moab in July can be brutal, Whole Enchilada is spectacular and since you start higher you wouldn't hit the heat til the lower half most likely. Could still be warm up top though.

I think Southwest CO has some of the best riding in the country. I'd be glad to recommend some spots or even show you around some of our local trails in the Mancos/Cortez/Dolores area just outside Durango

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
I would recommend Crested Butte 1st, Snowmass 2nd, Durango 3rd. If you make it to Snowmass, I'd be glad to recommend some spots or even show you around some of our local trails in the Snowmass area. Cheers.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
30 minutes away from Salt Lake there is the Park City/Canyons bike park and Deer Valley bike park. Moab is at least 4-5 hours from there

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 12:16 Quote
I will be in the same area in the next week. Any trail recommendations in snowmass or Crested butte?

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 12:41 Quote
GTABurnout wrote:
I will be in the same area in the next week. Any trail recommendations in snowmass or Crested butte?

What kind of riding?
Both areas are a ton of fun. The DH trails at Snowmass are pretty fun, though there's not a huge variety. Valhalla is a blast though, and I hear there might be a new trail they build for the EWS

Crested Butte is all time, I don't know how much snow is hanging around. The Yeti Cycles crew was just down there, and judging form social media, it looked like a darn good time.

We have trail guides for both on our site:
Aspen Snowmass
Crested Butte

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010907
Mobile Version of Website