Reliability of SRAM MTH 746 and MTH 716 Hubs

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reliability of SRAM MTH 746 and MTH 716 Hubs
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
Mafmajor wrote:
Dave102429 wrote:
Kickinazz wrote:

Just encountered this issue today. Were you able to find non rockshox end caps?

I just went through this while trying to replace my RockShox fork with a Fox 36. Part number "00.1918.145.008" will get you the standard end caps for the SRAM MTH 716 Hub. I couldn't find them online but found one bike shop near me that had them in stock for $25.

Where is this shop located? I am having the same problem

I did a search on PB for this same p/n as I am encountering the same issue. Can you provide the name of the shop that you purchased this from? I am having difficulty finding this part in CA.

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
I don't know if anybody has any interest in the MTH 746 hubs any longer, but I figured I would share some findings I have done fiddling a little trying to solve some issues.

The axle for the MTH 746 can be bought as a Brand-x (XLC) component - perfect fit inc bearings endcaps for around 18 EUR.

The problems with bearings going bad due to the torque caps can be solve by adding a spacer between the bearings. The spacer dimensions are as follows: Inner diameter Ø17.05 mm, Outer diameter Ø21 mm, L: 53.30 mm. With the spacer in place the bearings are protected from overtightening the torque caps and these can should just be tightened to ensure they don't come loose during a ride.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 0:44 Quote
jumperdk wrote:
The problems with bearings going bad due to the torque caps can be solve by adding a spacer between the bearings. The spacer dimensions are as follows: Inner diameter Ø17.05 mm, Outer diameter Ø21 mm, L: 53.30 mm. With the spacer in place the bearings are protected from overtightening the torque caps and these can should just be tightened to ensure they don't come loose during a ride.

Hello there!

Where did you get spacers in this format?

Im using the MTH 746 in the back and I'm now on to my 3rd set of bearings in a year. As already mentioned the end caps are always either to tight or too loose.

Thanks alot.

Best regards

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005075
Mobile Version of Website