SJ300 10speed install

PB Forum :: KHS
SJ300 10speed install
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 14:14 Quote
I have a KHS SJ300 that is currently single speed and set up for dirt jumping. It has Shimano Zee cranks but single speed rear. I am thinking about putting 10 speed rear cassette with zee derailer and shifter. The only thing is, the frame does not have any of the rungs that hold the cable from the shifter back to the derailer. It does have a derailer hanger so I know its possible but what do I do about mounting the cable on the frame? I could zip tie it I guess but I would rather not, I don't want the frame to get scratched because of the zip ties. Any help is appreciated.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 14:50 Quote
sxtrailrider84 wrote:
I have a KHS SJ300 that is currently single speed and set up for dirt jumping. It has Shimano Zee cranks but single speed rear. I am thinking about putting 10 speed rear cassette with zee derailer and shifter. The only thing is, the frame does not have any of the rungs that hold the cable from the shifter back to the derailer. It does have a derailer hanger so I know its possible but what do I do about mounting the cable on the frame? I could zip tie it I guess but I would rather not, I don't want the frame to get scratched because of the zip ties. Any help is appreciated.

how about something like jagwire's stick on guides? http://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/stick-on-guides

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016439
Mobile Version of Website