Is this a huge rip off?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Is this a huge rip off?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
gediminas wrote:
and who here runs vertical dropouts with a 1/2 link chain and no tensioner...if so may you help me out?

my chain was too short to run without tensioner as ive had it for a few days now and its strechted a lil can i kno take tensioner of and take a few links out?
you need a chain tensioner to run a normal chain on horizontal drop outs. you can ditch the tensioner if you get a halflink, but it takes so long to find/ play with tensions until you get the right one

i already have a 1/2 link chain on with a stupid tensioner....is it possible to get rid ofF? and is this gearing good 32:16 to help the distance between chain or do i need to go down in size of cog in rear?

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
brodierider6 wrote:
$95??! Damn I bought mine for $15.

where?

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
gediminas wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
gediminas wrote:
and who here runs vertical dropouts with a 1/2 link chain and no tensioner...if so may you help me out?

my chain was too short to run without tensioner as ive had it for a few days now and its strechted a lil can i kno take tensioner of and take a few links out?
you need a chain tensioner to run a normal chain on horizontal drop outs. you can ditch the tensioner if you get a halflink, but it takes so long to find/ play with tensions until you get the right one

i already have a 1/2 link chain on with a stupid tensioner....is it possible to get rid ofF? and is this gearing good 32:16 to help the distance between chain or do i need to go down in size of cog in rear?
no you just need to take off the tensioner, then play with tensions with your half link, but becarful, too loose, it will just keep falling off. too tight, it will actually wreck your frame

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
hahahahaha, i got mine for 46.00! i bought things sepratly, convertion kit 35.99, chain 10.00.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 23:37 Quote
$16 and i had one instaled and payed for, for my old Hardrock

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015637
Mobile Version of Website