Please visit my Gofundme - trying to raise money for a bike for charity races

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Please visit my Gofundme - trying to raise money for a bike for charity races
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 6:40 Quote
Hi. My name is Rich and I am a 35 year old father and husband.

I'm here to try and raise £300 to purchase a road bike fit for racing in order for me to take part in
charity cycling races across the UK in 2017/18.

The charity I will be racing on behalf of is Huntingtons Disease Association UK and Ireland who do fantastic work
in helping people suffering with Huntington's.

My step-brother is afflicted with this horrific disease yet never complains, always tries to have a smile on his face and
he's a huge reason why I'm doing this. I've seen firsthand the devastation Huntington's can have on a family and on a
person and I want to do everything I can to contribute.

Alas, this is where Gofundme comes in.

I had a rather old road bike which unfortunately is no longer safe to ride on the road and is in need of a great deal of repair
- something I just cannot afford. So I thought why not ask the good people of the UK to try and help me on my journey to
raise money for a wonderful cause!

I myself know the financial hardships we are enduring at the moment in this country so please, if you can donate, accept
my sincere thanks and know that you will be helping me to start my journey in raising money for Huntington's Disease Association
UK and Ireland.

Thank you for your time today and here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/road-bike-needed-for-charity-rides

Rich

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
Hi. It's nice that you want to start doing charity events but if you don't have the money for a bike why don't you do there charity events like a marathon or swimming, etc.. not being harsh but your going to be lucky if anybody on here or the Internet is going to fund your bike. Although you need ito for charity events people don't tend to fund personal gain. I suggest keeping your eyes out on eBay and don't buy or look at anything you can't afford. As you say in your post. Your 35. If by now you can't afford 300 for a bike then you probably shouldn't be asking other people other than friends or family. I think most would rather just donate directly than as harsh as it sounds, buy you a bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007089
Mobile Version of Website