Would you pay someone to clean / lube your bike?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Would you pay someone to clean / lube your bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
My name is Tom and I live in Silverado, CA, right down the hill from the Luge. After riding with so many people that show up with crunchy drivetrains, caked on mud, and squeaky brakes, I had an idea. There are mobile detailers for cars, why not bikes? I would clean, dry, degrease, and lube your bike so its ready for your next ride. I come to you. Easy enough. The question is, would anyone actually pay for this service or would you rather do it yourself? I know a lot of people enjoy working on their own bike, me included. But everyone has that friend that just doesn't take care of theirs. Let me know what you guys think, much appreciated.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
If I had anybody clean my bike, I wouldn't be willing to pay a lot. Also look at your market; you either have kids that use their parents money (parents don't want to pay for that), kids with minimum wage jobs saving for parts/bikes (even though minimum wage went up, I wouldn't imagine this target of consumers would pay a lot) and then you have the adults who have jobs that ride their bikes that have done this to their bikes for so long, they can't imagine another person cleaning their bike.
You may have a better chance parked in a parking lot at the end of a trail in a well presented vehicle for this.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 10:53 Quote
Myself personally, no. I do everything on my own bikes with the exception of headset cup removal and installation, I can't justify the tool expense for something I do so infrequently. Cleaning and lubricating my bikes is a routine thing I do after each mucky ride.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
Interesting concept. Honestly, i wouldn't use this service preride, but probably post ride. Also, you would have to charge a lot to cover your liabilities. Scratching a stanchion tube, shock body or frame would probable wipe out your monthly profit.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 12:24 Quote
torrent77 wrote:
Interesting concept. Honestly, i wouldn't use this service preride, but probably post ride. Also, you would have to charge a lot to cover your liabilities. Scratching a stanchion tube, shock body or frame would probable wipe out your monthly profit.

Yup, very risky. I also don't think you would make much money off of it (if that's your plan) and that would take up a lot of time.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008645
Mobile Version of Website