Tire inserts: Flat Defender vs Cush Core vs Procore

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Tire inserts: Flat Defender vs Cush Core vs Procore
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 1:15 Quote
ceegeegee wrote:
total waste of money those things probably cost two dollars to make in there selling them for 150 how pathetic
same words about cushcore and others..
Just use foam tube pipe for couple $.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 8:48 Quote
good luck making something DIY as good as Cushcore. Personally, it’s either Cushcore or just stick with Supergravity, DH, or DoubleDown...casing tires.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
ka81 wrote:
ceegeegee wrote:
total waste of money those things probably cost two dollars to make in there selling them for 150 how pathetic
same words about cushcore and others..
Just use foam tube pipe for couple $.

Can't comment on the other inserts but I have been running Schwalbe Procore since it first came out and highly recommend it. It allows you to run lower tire pressures, allows you to run lighter casing tires while still being lighter than DH tires and light tubes and if you do flat you can still ride home on the procore. The procore also helps keep the tire on the rim. Also you can buy the system now at half price online or individually if you only want to run it on the back.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
good luck making something DIY as good as Cushcore. Personally, it’s either Cushcore or just stick with Supergravity, DH, or DoubleDown...casing tires.
C'mon, people, it's almost the same thing... 60mm foam around your rim..

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 11:15 Quote
Or you can by a cheap tubular training tyre that has a removable valve core, drill an extra hole on your (cheap) rim and voila! A pro core at 10euros! A 622mm or 700c tubular fits perfectly on 650b rims when inflated, fitted on my 29 and was too snug and a pain to get the tyre seated with the tubular inside, worked ok but in the event of a slashed tyre, it took me quite the time to remove it, so gave up using it, on a 650b though fits easy as a inner tube and when inflated it works exactly as a procore system, removable core also helps add sealand in the tubular in the event you get a puncture deep enough to damaged it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
Have you guys had a look at the Csixx Foamo?
https://za.csixx.com/products/foamo
Not sure if you get it there, I have been using it for about a year now on my Hardtail and it has definitely saved my rim a few times. Slightly different system to Cush Cordeand FTD

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Have you guys had a look at the Csixx Foamo?
https://za.csixx.com/products/foamo
Not sure if you get it there, I have been using it for about a year now on my Hardtail and it has definitely saved my rim a few times. Slightly different system to Cush Cordeand FTD

Thinking about getting theese! Can you post a picutre how do they look after 1 year of use?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
Sorry I dont have a pic of it after one year of use. Altho It was opened a few months ago and it still looked as thick

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
Is there any users of Cushcore? How is it really after some period of using?

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
I was sold after the first day of riding and I would still recommend it after almost a year

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 17:01 Quote
It’s good! Less psi, more traction, less tire roll, no burping, smooths out roots and rocks. No flats, no rim damage, no tire damage, no issues and I don’t cary a spare tube anymore. I find it smooths out trail to the extent that boosting off small features requires more precise timing, takes a bit of getting used to.

Bit of a pain to get them on, but if you follow the Video directions and use garbage can and soapy water method it’s actually not too bad. I haven’t had to change a tire yet tho. Looking forward to trying other tires, likely try Maxxis DHF/DHR2 WT EXO combo next for the extra dry/dusty/loose conditions now.

(Mounted on 27.5 x 30mm inner carbon rims with Schwalbe EVO Snakeskin 2.35 Magic Mary/Hans Dampf. 220 lbs. 150mm AM bike, Pacific Northwest)

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Flatted with cushcore. I'm giving it another shot, because it did feel a lot better. This time I'm just going for a DD Aggressor and calling it good. If I pinch flat that, I'm done.

It has saved my rim though; so that's a positive.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 20:02 Quote
Another contender enters the ring http://www.mrwolf.bike/smartmousse/

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
lightningskull wrote:
Another contender enters the ring http://www.mrwolf.bike/smartmousse/

That looks pretty impressive. I ordered it earlier this year but due to the high demand I was told I had to wait a month or more. I canceled but now might try it again.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 22:46 Quote
I am considering an insert specifically either a cushcore or a Huck Norris. Right now I am running double down wide trail tires with 27-28 psi and still pinch flatting and denting rims. How successful has everyone been with an insert avoiding these and is it so good as to being able to drop down to an exo casing. For reference I am about 160 lbs with riding gear on and ride relatively rough high speed terrain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019495
Mobile Version of Website