Tire inserts: Flat Defender vs Cush Core vs Procore

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Tire inserts: Flat Defender vs Cush Core vs Procore
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 1:15 Quote
ceegeegee wrote:
total waste of money those things probably cost two dollars to make in there selling them for 150 how pathetic
same words about cushcore and others..
Just use foam tube pipe for couple $.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 8:48 Quote
good luck making something DIY as good as Cushcore. Personally, it’s either Cushcore or just stick with Supergravity, DH, or DoubleDown...casing tires.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
ka81 wrote:
ceegeegee wrote:
total waste of money those things probably cost two dollars to make in there selling them for 150 how pathetic
same words about cushcore and others..
Just use foam tube pipe for couple $.

Can't comment on the other inserts but I have been running Schwalbe Procore since it first came out and highly recommend it. It allows you to run lower tire pressures, allows you to run lighter casing tires while still being lighter than DH tires and light tubes and if you do flat you can still ride home on the procore. The procore also helps keep the tire on the rim. Also you can buy the system now at half price online or individually if you only want to run it on the back.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
good luck making something DIY as good as Cushcore. Personally, it’s either Cushcore or just stick with Supergravity, DH, or DoubleDown...casing tires.
C'mon, people, it's almost the same thing... 60mm foam around your rim..

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 11:15 Quote
Or you can by a cheap tubular training tyre that has a removable valve core, drill an extra hole on your (cheap) rim and voila! A pro core at 10euros! A 622mm or 700c tubular fits perfectly on 650b rims when inflated, fitted on my 29 and was too snug and a pain to get the tyre seated with the tubular inside, worked ok but in the event of a slashed tyre, it took me quite the time to remove it, so gave up using it, on a 650b though fits easy as a inner tube and when inflated it works exactly as a procore system, removable core also helps add sealand in the tubular in the event you get a puncture deep enough to damaged it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
Have you guys had a look at the Csixx Foamo?
https://za.csixx.com/products/foamo
Not sure if you get it there, I have been using it for about a year now on my Hardtail and it has definitely saved my rim a few times. Slightly different system to Cush Cordeand FTD

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Have you guys had a look at the Csixx Foamo?
https://za.csixx.com/products/foamo
Not sure if you get it there, I have been using it for about a year now on my Hardtail and it has definitely saved my rim a few times. Slightly different system to Cush Cordeand FTD

Thinking about getting theese! Can you post a picutre how do they look after 1 year of use?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
Sorry I dont have a pic of it after one year of use. Altho It was opened a few months ago and it still looked as thick

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015248
Mobile Version of Website