Anyone with Hope cranks have crank arm boots / protectors?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone with Hope cranks have crank arm boots / protectors?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
I have a pair of RaceFace boots for aluminum cranks, and they fit really tight on the Hope cranks. Since the Hope arms are wider and more squared off at the end than RaceFace arms, the boot is stretched on causing the hole in the boot for the pedal to be more oval than round. They will work (I am still able to get the pedal installed), but I'm wondering if there are other boots that fit better and without having to be stretched so much.

My RaceFace boots have the letter S on them, I'm assuming that means "small", and the version that they have for carbon cranks are larger. But I wonder if the boots for RaceFace carbon cranks would be too big for the Hope cranks..?

I have also seen cranks boots from Sram and Zefal. Is anyone running boots on Hope cranks, and if so, what brand/size are you using?

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
Did you have any luck with getting an answer anywhere or have you tried the raceface carbon boots? Cheers

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
I like the "S" Raceface alloy crank boots for them. I didn't find them stretching that much. I'd install the pedal washer first, then install the crank boots. I find them to be a nice tight fit. I've had some loose crank boots before, they suck

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 10:31 Quote
OK cool thanks will get some of them then.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 16:06 Quote
I, too, use the Raceface S boots. Never had a problem.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 10:06 Quote
I didn’t notice there were any replies to this thread until today...

As others have said, the Raceface small work well, even though they are little tight. I actually bought the Raceface small and large, and a set of SRAM ones just to try them all out. The Raceface large and SRAM (both intended for carbon cranks) were too big so I returned those and just kept the Raceface small. They definitely seem to be the best option for Hope cranks.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Just an update if anyone finds this page like I did. Just put Race Face boots for alloy cranks on my new Hope EVO's and they fit perfectly!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.095028
Mobile Version of Website