Norco Sight 29er, anyone have one?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 29er, anyone have one?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 18:43 Quote
I was wondering if anyone has one of the 2017 Sight 29er or has ridden it? I'm trying to stay loyal to the brand and I just spoke with the demo team but at this time they only has Optics with them. I want to get a 29er that has 130 mm to 140 mm rear travel. Plus, I would like to run a coil rear shock as well.

Thanks,
David

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 16:28 Quote
I don't know why you want a coil shock on a short travel bike but as for the sight...nothing much has changed since 2015. Out of personal experience, get the 27.5 it's more playful and is the original wheels size. You'll find coil not as adjustable and sluggish on small bump compliance. I would go with any sight 2015 or over and put a Monarch or the stock cane creek on. Cheers hope I helped!

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 4:50 Quote
Not a fan of 27.5. Built up a real nice carbon Bronson and did not like the feel of riding it. Felt really small underneath me. Hopped back on my 29er and felt at home. Sticking with what I know. Plus, I just put a deposit on a sight 29er frame to build.
I rode a coil on a trail bike and it felt great. Didn't feel like I had to preload the rear to get it going. It just felt spot on.

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
After waiting months and months for them to finally drop the specs for the new 29" Sight and Range , I finally stopped by a local Norco shop only to be told , they are not in stock yet , or even at the warehouse . Ranges are mid April and Sights are mid May . IMO Norco has shot themselves in the foot with the crappy media and time frames for these designs . just a big waiting game , not to mention a increase in cost to the point the bike shop manager was shocked at the increase .

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022048
Mobile Version of Website