What brakes are best for Dirt Jumping/Slopestyle and/or Street?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What brakes are best for Dirt Jumping/Slopestyle and/or Street?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 15:30 Quote
Hey! I'm building a Dirt Jump rig and I don't know what brakes to get. There was a thread on this, but it was posted in 2008, and is not current at all. I would prefer hydraulic disc brakes, but am open to any suggestions. By the ways, rim brakes are not an option.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
I have and like the shimano deore 615
Cheap and works good

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 18:48 Quote
lindblomxc wrote:
Hey! I'm building a Dirt Jump rig and I don't know what brakes to get. There was a thread on this, but it was posted in 2008, and is not current at all. I would prefer hydraulic disc brakes, but am open to any suggestions. By the ways, rim brakes are not an option.

None. run that brakeless life

FL
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 5:58 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:
Cheap and works good
That's helpful, because I was considering that, but I need something a little more powerful. I want to do trials and street, and I could use a little bit more stopping power. I think I will go with the shimano zee brakes, as they are popular for DJ (apparently).

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
Yeah any 4piston system should be more powerful, for dj it is fine, I could see wanting a it more for street, but that is not my bag

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 23:15 Quote
Hope tech 3 x2

Only 2 piston but has anyone seen live brake testing.. they don't post their findings because they want to sell these massive 4 piston brakes when it's not nessicary. You would have to loose some serious altitude to really need dual 4 piston set ups. Just change yours pads

FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 8:28 Quote
austinroberts2121 wrote:
Hope tech 3 x2

Only 2 piston but has anyone seen live brake testing.. they don't post their findings because they want to sell these massive 4 piston brakes when it's not nessicary. You would have to loose some serious altitude to really need dual 4 piston set ups. Just change yours pads

Yeah, those hope brakes are kinda expensive, but I think I'll go with cheap dual pistons

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
Depends on your budget really i had avid Juicy Cr on my old bike and they were easy to maintain and good value.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 17:01 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:
Cheap and works good

I have this as well and feel the same, had the 785 (xt) and it was just TOO much and was basically an ON/OFF switch.. at least with the 615 you get SOME modulation..

My favorite are old Magura Marta SL, have them on 2 bikes now..

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 8:43 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
allsk8sno wrote:
Cheap and works good

I have this as well and feel the same, had the 785 (xt) and it was just TOO much and was basically an ON/OFF switch.. at least with the 615 you get SOME modulation..

What about current Magura's brakes? I like Magura, but MT7 is a way too expensive... looking for alternative solution...

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
Pajamas wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:
allsk8sno wrote:
Cheap and works good

What about current Magura's brakes? I like Magura, but MT7 is a way too expensive... looking for alternative solution...

MT5..?

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Pajamas wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:

MT5..?

Most likely yes, MT5 is a way cheaper. Anyway, thanks. I'll be looking for other solutions as well, but I already have a backup plan with MT5 Smile

FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 5:16 Quote
Thinking about TRP slate cause I can get em for a good deal through my local bike shop. Seem good enough for Phil Kmetz so they should be good for me

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023738
Mobile Version of Website