Help on new bike choice

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Help on new bike choice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
I live east of Toronto, ON Canada.

I have been riding a FS bike for the past 20 years. My current is a 2003 Trek Liquid 20. It's getting old, is heavy compared to newer models, and I hate the 3x9.

I have around the $4000cdn budget to spend on getting something better. Was thinking of moving to a 1x11 this time around. I have seen the Giant Anthem Advanced 1 and it looks nice. Don't know if I am better off getting a cheeper new built bike and then putting some more cash into upgrade what is needed.

I ride the off-road trails behind where I live. Not real single track like in the mountains, but there are some real technical bits. I'd consider riding the Bruce Trail as it's close.

I am 6'2" and weigh north of 250lbs right now, but am trying to get myself down to a comfortable 220. I am not big (fat) just dense / muscle mass. I like thrill excitement of speed, but am not a gonzo downhill type of person.

I have never owned a carbon bike so I don't know how strong they are or if I'd be prone to destroying it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
Thanks to everyone ??? who were kind enough to reply. I have gone out and got an Anthem 1. have fun on the trails

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
roadkill401 wrote:
Thanks to everyone ??? who were kind enough to reply. I have gone out and got an Anthem 1. have fun on the trails

good choice you can never go wrong with a giant best bikes out

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 7:17 Quote
Hows the anthem riding?
what size did you get?

i just ordered the anthem advanced 1, and im waiting for it to arrive

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
I'm new here and just saw your post, not much to offer. Just fun to see another "big" rider on here! I'm 6'2" 220 and ride a Santa Cruz 5010.

Have fun!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011295
Mobile Version of Website