GoPro Hero 5 Session Video Modes

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
GoPro Hero 5 Session Video Modes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 13:08 Quote
Hi, hope you're all having a nice day. Apologies if this has been covered a thousand times, I did search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I recently got my hands on a GoPro Hero 5 Session, with the aim of helmet mounting it (under the visor like on Seth's Bike Hacks).

I am torn between video modes. I definitely want to use stabilisation, so 4k is out, so is anything over 60FPS.

I know the best thing is to just get out there and try it, but essentially I am trying to decide what would be best between:

- 2.7k, Wide FoV, 30fps (high res, wide angle, lower framerate)

-2.7k, Medium FoV, 48fps (high res, narrower angle, medium framerate)

-1080p, Wide/Super FoV, 60fps (lower res, wide angle, higher framerate)

Obviously there is a tradeoff between FPS and FoV.

Does anyone have any experience in the matter?!

EDIT: I should probably add that the videos would only be for my own enjoyment, and to show off to my friends and family. I have absolutely no professional aspirations with my bike nor do I want to be a YouTube sensation! That said, I work with video for a living and poor quality will irritate me!

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 15:34 Quote
Yo , I record in 1440/60 , wide , GoPro colour , ISO 400 . It films not as wide as superwide so just crop when editing to enlarge it , also if you can colour edit turn GoPro colour to flat then colour yourself !

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 15:37 Quote
Didn't read the last bit , GoPro colour is fine but 1440/60 is best then crop to widen !

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008355
Mobile Version of Website