New wheels advice please.

PB Forum :: Devinci
New wheels advice please.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
Hi everyone. I'm looking to upgrade the wheels on my 2016 devinci troy carbon, hoping you guys will have some recommendations and advice.
Thanks
Will

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 8:46 Quote
You might get a few responses if you were to give a few details about what you are after such as strong, light, wide, cheap, or if the sky is your limit.

I recently purchased Light Bicycle wheels build up on Hope 4's for my Wilson. Not the bling factor or the warranty of ENVE but so far seem great and 3x cheaper.

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 21:38 Quote
Good point. Im looking for something lighter than the stock devinci own brand wheels, doesnt need to be any wider and i don't fancy carbon rims. I was looking at the hope tech 4 enduro but I'm having difficulty finding retailers in Canada. As I'm new to the country, I'm not certain what import duties or other associated hassle would occur if I ordered them from chain reaction or another foreign company.

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 21:49 Quote
Will-1984 wrote:
Good point. Im looking for something lighter than the stock devinci own brand wheels, doesnt need to be any wider and i don't fancy carbon rims. I was looking at the hope tech 4 enduro but I'm having difficulty finding retailers in Canada. As I'm new to the country, I'm not certain what import duties or other associated hassle would occur if I ordered them from chain reaction or another foreign company.

CRC now offers you the opportunity to pre-pay your import fees. This is great, as it helps you calculate the total cost, and there are no surprises.

But, If you select untracked option (canada post) I find about 50% of my packages don't incur duty. This has nothing to do with CRC (or any other supplier) It has to do with canada customs.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 20:49 Quote
Hadley hubs, rims of your choosing(RF arc?) laced by your neighbor (read local shop mechanic). A twelver of some fine ale and some thanks usually brings the price down a touch. In my opinion the wheels are the most important part of your ride. It's worth it to spend the extra money for hubs that will roll with you through many bikes even if it takes awhile to save up for them. Just consider your time on the v2's strength training.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
Subscribed to thread as I have the same bike with the same question!

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
thanks for the replies and advice, interesting about CRC. I know what you mean about durability, that's part of the reason i was thinking of getting the hope enduro wheelset, the hubs last ages. The only others that have got me interested so far are the spank oozy 295,they get good reviews and more importantly come in fancy colours. I reckon that whatever i get, i'll probably break it at whistler this summer.
Will

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 17:27 Quote
Will-1984 wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm looking to upgrade the wheels on my 2016 devinci troy carbon, hoping you guys will have some recommendations and advice.
Thanks
Will
WTB asym i29 laced to hope pro 4 hubs!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 18:12 Quote
Anybody know how much stock V2 rims w/ Formula hubs weight?
I can't believe this beautiful carbon frame bike weight over 30LB.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 19:23 Quote
Lifetime warranty on the carbon frame means they will build it up a bit heavier.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 21:50 Quote
I finally made up my mind and ended up with silver hope hubs and blue spank oozy 295 rims, black dt Swiss spokes and nipples. They look and feel great. I'm really happy with them.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
I got 27.5 Haven's for like $300, trying to remember the site. Will post once I find where I ordered them from. It was from pricepoint but they are closed. I'd say the Havens or Havoc's if you can find them.

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 12:49 Quote
I ended up grabbing some DT Swiss XM481's because of their toughness and having to deal with rocky terrain here in Arizona, for what it's worth. If I lived somewhere in the PNW where most of the trails are "softer" I'd probably invest in some Env or Nobl wheels.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018427
Mobile Version of Website