Cannondale Bad Habit 1 or Trek Fuel EX 8

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Cannondale Bad Habit 1 or Trek Fuel EX 8
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 21:26 Quote
Hello All,

Looking for opinions on a Cannondale Bad Habit 1 or a Trek Fuel EX 8. I have ridden both bikes & they both ride great on pavement. Looking for overall opinions on which would be a better bike for trail riding? Which has better components, tires, wheels, etc.? What are your thoughts on the 2 bikes if you were going to buy either one? Same price on each bike. The Trek seems to have more features.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
I believe the Bad Habit will run 29s if you so desire

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 20:54 Quote
I would go trek... I'm quite biased though because all my friends who are bike mechanics say stay away from that damn lefty fork. they claim its difficult to work on and sometimes to refuse to work on them during busy times. They go as far to order them with a pike upfront.
However if you want people to give you the look of wtf are you riding because of that fork then go for it!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
It's only difficult to work on if you don't know how to work on it Wink you do need one proprietary tool to get it apart but it's actually pretty simple to service

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
Yeah, Leftys get a bad rap, I tried some time on a Habit last season and actually really liked it. Looks weird when you look down at it, but when you ride, it actually feels great. Mechanics just like to hate on anything slightly out of the norm. You looking at the aluminum Bad Habit, or carbon? I tried the aluminum one last season and really liked it; the 2.8s ride very nicely and give it a little extra plush-ness. I'd bump the front to 130mm, like the Habit SE.

BTW, according to my Cannondale rep, it won't fit a 29er wheel, the plus tires must be a pretty tight squeeze.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:49 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
Yeah, Leftys get a bad rap, I tried some time on a Habit last season and actually really liked it. Looks weird when you look down at it, but when you ride, it actually feels great. Mechanics just like to hate on anything slightly out of the norm. You looking at the aluminum Bad Habit, or carbon? I tried the aluminum one last season and really liked it; the 2.8s ride very nicely and give it a little extra plush-ness. I'd bump the front to 130mm, like the Habit SE.

BTW, according to my Cannondale rep, it won't fit a 29er wheel, the plus tires must be a pretty tight squeeze.

I was looking at the aluminum version. I decided on the Trek Fuel EX 8 for the fact of the suspension. Not because of the lefty but the Trek has 140mm front travel & a better rear suspension (130mm), The Lefty has 120mm & the rear is the same.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017359
Mobile Version of Website