BMX to 26" Wheels

PB Forum :: Beginners
BMX to 26" Wheels
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 21:47 Quote
I come from a BMX racing background, and I'm just getting back into riding again after a long break. I picked up a used Giant STP and I'm having trouble adjusting to the size of the bike, tire size, etc. It rides much different than the BMX style bikes I grew up on. Is there a way to make it handle more like a BMX style bike, or do I just need to go out and ride more?

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
Its a tough transition, a lot comes with just riding and letting your body figure it out.. but bike geometry plays a key roll too..

You're coming off light weight race 20 that tend to not want to jump (long front and rear ends) to a virtual tank with marginal geo probably heavy parts...ect .

Youll have to focus more on what you don't like (slow steering for instance) and try to remedy it through research and reading.. a steeper head angle will quicken steering...ect..

I went with taller bars on my street bike to get some that feeling (see pic in profile, hate linking pics here) on my street bike, but it has a steep head angle and tall bottom bracket along with a super short rear

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015313
Mobile Version of Website