Rock shop pike dj vs manitou circus expert

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rock shop pike dj vs manitou circus expert
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 19:31 Quote
I'm torn between these 2 fork choices. Going with 100mm, I weight 250lbs, but ride pretty smoothly. Is the pike worth the extra cash for a more rigid setup? Thoughts

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
I rode a Pike DJ for a while and it was never rigid enough for me. I loaded that thing up with the tokens too but still too squishy. I have heard that the circus locks out completely (Cody Gessel rides it) but never tried it as I ended up buying a rigid fork and totally love it --> I just posted a video of myself riding it in this same DJ/Street section of the forums

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 5:41 Quote
Thanks I'll check out the video. I think the circus might be the way to go, it costs have of what the pike is too.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 6:32 Quote
Killer video, I'm going to look at the identity forks now lol

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 7:07 Quote
the pike is supposed to be an amazing fork but the circus has so much more value for the price and I don't think you'd be missing much cause the high end forks are all very similar.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 9:02 Quote
Being that I weigh 250, I was leaning towards the pike due to the larger stanchions as the fork "should" be less flexy,but at $300 more I don't think the difference justifies the cost.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 21:29 Quote
Blwn99x wrote:
Hahaha thanks man! I have ridden them hard and they have done me well

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 5:08 Quote
cpeper21 wrote:
Blwn99x wrote:
Hahaha thanks man! I have ridden them hard and they have done me well
Yes they have lol.
After some thinking I decided on the Circus experts, they are ordered. I still bounce trails with my wife occasionally so the suspension will do what I need. I'll post when the fork arrives.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 14:20 Quote
Can you get us a short review on your decision, buying the circus expert?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018258
Mobile Version of Website