Heading to Fruita Grand Junction

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Heading to Fruita Grand Junction
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Flying out to Fruita/GJ end o f next month for first time. Any suggestions on where to stay? GJ looks like the bigger of the two and likely more restaurants, pubs after full day rides. I've looked at some hotels in both towns,,,any insight would be great.

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 8:30 Quote
Went this time last year. Ended up staying in Fruita, found it closer to most the trails we wanted to ride. Great little town, very bike friendly. GJ was just another city, liked the flavor of Fruita better. Great Mom/Pop restaurants, stores etc. We stayed at the LaQuinta. Continental breakfast, indoor pool/hot tub.
My 2 cents.

trees99 wrote:
Flying out to Fruita/GJ end o f next month for first time. Any suggestions on where to stay? GJ looks like the bigger of the two and likely more restaurants, pubs after full day rides. I've looked at some hotels in both towns,,,any insight would be great.

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
Tikiguy wrote:
Went this time last year. Ended up staying in Fruita, found it closer to most the trails we wanted to ride. Great little town, very bike friendly. GJ was just another city, liked the flavor of Fruita better. Great Mom/Pop restaurants, stores etc. We stayed at the LaQuinta. Continental breakfast, indoor pool/hot tub.
My 2 cents.

trees99 wrote:

Awesome 2cents...I'm there for 6 days and likely drive to Moab for a day or two...any suggested rides in Fruita? I like the flowy fast vs. the techy dh....

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 15:18 Quote
fruita is a more fun downtown. hot tomato is the mountain biker hang out with good pizza and beer and relatively close to the famed 18 road trails.

at 18 road, joes ridge, zippity, pbr are all great. climb the fire road or prime cut (or shuttle)

kokopelli trails are just west of fruita and have some pretty good xc trails (i am not much of an xc rider so it doesnt do it for me) horsethief is my fav trail out there

the real goods in my opinion are in the tabeguache trail network. drive up little park road and ride down the ribbon which has stupid fast straights (i have heard rumors of people breaking 50mph) sweet rock rolls, some drops, and some tech. climb out the bottom back to the road and ride gunny loop which is really fun maybe a bit more pedaling or go to free lunch if you are feeling ballsy. free lunch is full of natural drops and tech, link this down to pucker up and down to moto and do bentonite hill

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 16:17 Quote
trees99 wrote:
Tikiguy wrote:
My 2 cents.

trees99 wrote:

Awesome 2cents...I'm there for 6 days and likely drive to Moab for a day or two...any suggested rides in Fruita? I like the flowy fast vs. the techy dh....

This website has some pretty good info on the area.

http://www.gjmountainbiking.com/gj.html

Maybe the guys listed on the website can suggest good places to stay.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
I've stayed at the la quinta in fruita. No complaints. The Mexican joint accross the street from it is pretty tasty.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006345
Mobile Version of Website