The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 6:44 Quote
Curious to hear how others believe this bike will feel and behave based on DH bikes you have previously experienced with simliar geometry and suspension characteristics.

The simplicity in design has my attention, and 200mm of travel will fit the bill for what I need...shuttle/hike ----> bomb down. The release of this bike will make decisions more difficult for those originally set on going with the DHV4.2. Two completely different bikes, in the same class...very exciting but troublesome at the same time to decide which one to go with!

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 19:26 Quote
I am pretty stoked. The price point is great. I have been on Commencal in the past (Supreme/ Mini DH, from 2008,2010&2011). I am going to get in on the pre-order I think.

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 20:37 Quote
they still do the v3 as well.....I have a supreme fr v3 (not the dh but the 180mm travel version) and its great...certainly wouldn't forget the v3. I do like the new furious......choices choices. If it were me I would probably pick the furious over the 4.2 but that's just down to the fact that I prefer the simpler setup. Not knocking the 4.2 as its an amazing bike.

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 23:17 Quote
sizing alway makes me anxious.

By their size guide I am medium ... but if had an extra CM of height or inseam I could be a large.

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 15:49 Quote
the 4.2 is a great speed slaying beast, but the simplicity in design of the furious and reach really has me excited. i am usually on a M, but the 440mm on the L means i can run a 35mm length stem!

my meta am is a M but i always wished for more room

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 20:19 Quote
Glad to have found this thread - am thinking about a FURIOUS myself, after a long hiatus from DH / FR.

Question: is the fact that the FURIOUS is AL (not carbon) factor into anybody's decision to buy or not buy? For about the same price you can get a YT TUES - why would we opt for the FURIOUS?

V. interested in the general point of view....

Thx!

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
tues al and furious origins are similar price / build. Both AL. With the preorder discount furious is cheaper.

More carbon options with YT, but comoairing similar builds, the commencal is significantly cheaper as its AL. Furious race is under 6g CDN, Tues race is 7.5 CDN.

Maybe I am looking at different build option , or different currencies .... But to answer the first part of your question; yes, I chose the commencal because it was aluminum, and hence Cheaper than comparable carbon builds.

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
The affordable cost that accompanies aluminum frames, as well as the moral reasons as to why Commencal won't build affordable carbon bikes, is the reason why i choose to buy my bikes from them. Great looking bikes with decent component specs for an affordable price. Being able to recieve it in the orignal box at your door step for you to complete the assembly makes the deal even that much better! And we cant forget the great media that Commencal puts out, simply an awesome bicycle manufacturer that sure knows how to sell a bike.

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
Anybody have one of these yet? At 178 cm I'm right in between a medium and a large on their sizing chart. But the 415mm reach on the medium seems a little small. And the wheelbase on the large seems a little long. Wish I could try them both out but that is not going to happen.

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 16:56 Quote
jwrendenver wrote:
Anybody have one of these yet? At 178 cm I'm right in between a medium and a large on their sizing chart. But the 415mm reach on the medium seems a little small. And the wheelbase on the large seems a little long. Wish I could try them both out but that is not going to happen.

I was in a similar boat. My medium trail bike has the same reach as the large, and that bike feels a bit big when I am trying to jump and play more.... So I went with the medium. I had to make a spread sheet with size geo numbers from bikes I own and have ridden , and then compaired then until my head spun.

But ...Mine doesn't ship until the end of the month, so I can't really help.

Posted: May 4, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
I was in same situation few months ago.
Im 178 between M/L
I get M Meta V4.2 and it feels spot on.
Firstly it seems that reach was too short but after few intense rides Im glad I chose Medium
Its more agile

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 3:40 Quote
does anyone have a furious yet? I'm ordering mine today and would like to know shipping dates and so on!

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 5:01 Quote
The origin model is available and shipping here in Canada. The race model (is supposed to) ship at the end of this month.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 20:05 Quote
Just wrapped up mine...Deity Tmac pedals, Vivid R2C shock, and Deity Knuckle Duster grips. I went for the Large to gain a bit of reach with the intentions of installing a Deity micro stem, but this frame feels shorter than the numbers say so the 50mm will be staying.

photo

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 12:00 Quote
midwest-division wrote:
Just wrapped up mine...Deity Tmac pedals, Vivid R2C shock, and Deity Knuckle Duster grips. I went for the Large to gain a bit of reach with the intentions of installing a Deity micro stem, but this frame feels shorter than the numbers say so the 50mm will be staying.

photo
How tall are you?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013954
Mobile Version of Website