The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
Don't worry, you should have your frame soon. I ordered a frame in December and didn't have any tracking but my frame had shipped a day or two after the order and arrived (surprise!) about a week after in eastern Canada. In my experience, Canpar is the worst carrier available in Canada, but even if my box arrived covered with oil, the frame was safe and sound. The Commencal Canada people will take care of you and will make it right in the end.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 16:24 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
it has arrived

Nice commuter

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
Is this a large?

Bluewater87 wrote:
it has arrived

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 20:07 Quote
yes
brownstone wrote:
Is this a large?

Bluewater87 wrote:
it has arrived

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
Beautiful looking bike.

The new Furious is the upgrade I've been looking for to replace my Voltage. I just have to source a 150mm wheelset, metric shock and crankset as I purposley built mine with high end parts to eventually transfer over to a new frame

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 4:31 Quote
Oh Yes! More pictures please! That thing looks good! Im happy I ordered large frame. It does not look too crazy long, what I was a bit afraid of.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 5:10 Quote
okei wrote:
Oh Yes! More pictures please! That thing looks good! Im happy I ordered large frame. It does not look too crazy long, what I was a bit afraid of.

I’ll post some more pics and a little unboxing video later today.
I was also worried that it would be a bit long, but I’m happy to say it feels good.
Coming from a knolly delirium xl with 488 reach, the 490 on the furious feels accurate, maybe a touch smaller when sitting in the travel.
I’m 187cm fwiw.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 9:16 Quote
Threw on my Vibrocore 50mm rise bars and my Vaults.
Need to cut the seat post. The pics are as low at it safely goes without bottoming into the frame.

Weighs 37.7 pounds as pictured with the pedals and the tubes it came with. Size L

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Looks really good! Why didn't you go for the XL size with your lenght? Do you think it would be to big?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
mikescrubs wrote:
Looks really good! Why didn't you go for the XL size with your lenght? Do you think it would be to big?

490 reach is already big enough for me and my riding style. I would have even preferred it at 485mm.
The XL would have been way too big for me.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
Its been said before, but.....They do feel smaller than their posted numbers .... at least in relation to some of the bikes I have ridden.

Ya got alot of stack height going on there. You gonna slam that stem?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Its been said before, but.....They do feel smaller than their posted numbers .... at least in relation to some of the bikes I have ridden.

Ya got alot of stack height going on there. You gonna slam that stem?

The 490 reach on the furious feels true when I compare it to my delirium with 488.
As the furious squats more due to it having more travel, the reach number feels smaller than the static number.

I haven’t touched the headset yet. I’ll probably leave the bottom crown fairly low to keep the bb low and head angle steep, and adjust the top crown height as necessary for bar height and reach.
Commencal left a lot of steer tube which was nice.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
Got my 2020 Furious frame this week. What position should i be running the flip chip in for a coil? I'm presuming responsive as a coil is already pretty linear.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 5:02 Quote
Kersh wrote:
Got my 2020 Furious frame this week. What position should i be running the flip chip in for a coil? I'm presuming responsive as a coil is already pretty linear.

I would agree.
Mine came in the sensitive setting. I tried switching the cups to the responsive position, but they wouldn't budge. Have you switched the cup positions yet? any tips for getting them out of the frame?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009134
Mobile Version of Website