The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Jettin wrote:
Has anyone around 6'2" ridden an XL furious? I'm pretty set on getting a Large as many posts have stated but just curious on the XL.

I’m same height and large is perfect.
Never tried the XL.
Keep in mind this is freeride park bike so you wouldn’t want a super long bike that’s better for racing.

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
Get the large mate..I am similar height and it it’s like a dream very long reach for a large

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
Jettin wrote:
Has anyone around 6'2" ridden an XL furious? I'm pretty set on getting a Large as many posts have stated but just curious on the XL.

I’m same height and large is perfect.
Never tried the XL.
Keep in mind this is freeride park bike so you wouldn’t want a super long bike that’s better for racing.

So, following on, with your experience if I'm standing at 5'9" on a good day, would a Medium fit best? Interesting to note the older model Furious I had a chance to roll around on and the L fit quite well (but shorter reach on this model obviously...)

Any input appreciated.

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
Both sizes will fit you with correct stem but you can consider If you want extra stable bike in fast speed (XL bike with long wheelbase) or shorter bike for jumping and playriding.

Jettin wrote:

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
While waiting for my furious frame (4 months now) I noticed that there are very few reviews of the 2020/2021 version. I'm curious what people think of it compared to other DH bikes they've owned.

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
I’m 6’2” and rented a ‘21 XL at Windrock. It was loooong and low. I put my own 50mm rise bars on which immediately made a world of diff jumping but also exaggerated the front/rear weight imbalance even more cornering. I’d Go for the large.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Hey, just got my 21 furious but with season and parks not open yet. Just trying to get fork/shock kinda dialed as much as I can but first time running fox40. I'm about 200lbs
Just seeing if anyone out there is roughly the same weight, seeing what you recommend with grip and rebound in fork and LSC, LSR in shock?
cheers

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
Got the new 2021 furious frame ordered.
I've always been partial to air shocks so I don't have a lot of experience on a coil but one thing I was noticing is almost all the pros that ride the new Furious go with the coil. Has anyone tried an air shock and a coil shock on this bike? If so which do you prefer??

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
I got my new Furious Signature last week, its a very nice bike. I spent all weekend street riding it and cant wait for the park to open. the first thing i did was convert it to single speed with a SB-one boner tensioner and Wolftooth 17T cog, converted to tubeless too.

the simplicity of single speed is soooooo nice, no extra cables, super clean handle bar and dropped a bunch of weight.
I did a new stair gap i had been eyeing up over the winter and the suspension soaked up the landing easy.

I'm 6ft tall ans the Large frame fits like a glove.
Fukkk enduro bikes with all their robot electronics and mess of cables up front and gimmicky junk. 2 brakes and big suspension is all a guy needs. Cool Cool

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
My furious. It is looooonnnngggg. Bought the frame last Nov. and built her up with my old DH parts. Internal cable routing for the rear brake in the chainstay was a pain in the ass. Sweet ride though.

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
a-prince wrote:
My furious. It is looooonnnngggg. Bought the frame last Nov. and built her up with my old DH parts. Internal cable routing for the rear brake in the chainstay was a pain in the ass. Sweet ride though.

Looks sick bro!! Is that an XL

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 18:10 Quote
Thanks. It's a large

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
Nice looking bike man !!!

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
So how is everyone liking this bike? Im thinking about buying one because now that I have two bikes my patrol seems almost all park duty. Thinking I might as well get a DH bike. I like riding tech but also the flowy stuff but not a huge jumper and dont plan to race it. Kind of between this and the supreme.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
Aem221 wrote:
So how is everyone liking this bike? Im thinking about buying one because now that I have two bikes my patrol seems almost all park duty. Thinking I might as well get a DH bike. I like riding tech but also the flowy stuff but not a huge jumper and dont plan to race it. Kind of between this and the supreme.
I’m really liking mine, I got it to replace my older Dh bike (2015 glory) and so far it’s great, I really like the sizing so far (medium), the extra reach seems to increase the size of the cockpit. I use mine for the flow trails and our dh shuttle trails and will be taking it to the hill as well for some lift serviced action. I think the supreme is a full on race machine and it’s priced a bit higher as well. This bike is a bit simpler and so far I’m liking it. I have the fox suspension on mine with the rear x2, super adjustable and I don’t have to worry about switching springs. Good luck

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007938
Mobile Version of Website