The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
Author Message
Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
DuelingBanjos wrote:
So does the flip chip make it slightly slacker (ha below 64) and slightly longer if installed on sensitive?

Or Commencal measures it in this mode already and prog mode makes it steeper and shorter?


For my Furious, the flip chip came in the lower setting, which means it would be lower and slacker due to slightly dropping the rear triangle position.

Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 20:17 Quote
Hey Furious experts,
If I'm 5'9" tall on a good day, would a 2022-23 size L fit me (or be too long...)?
Any input appreciated.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 5:04 Quote
I think you should have size M. Here are Commencal's recommendations


M
5.6-5.11 Foot

L
5.10-6.3 Foot

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
PIND-IT wrote:
Hey Furious experts,
If I'm 5'9" tall on a good day, would a 2022-23 size L fit me (or be too long...)?
Any input appreciated.

I'm 5'9.5" and went with a medium and it's a perfect fit for me. Doesn't feel small at all

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
PIND-IT wrote:
Hey Furious experts,
If I'm 5'9" tall on a good day, would a 2022-23 size L fit me (or be too long...)?
Any input appreciated.

I would go Medium, you would be perfect for that size. I myself NOT go anything bigger for Medium for Furious, the Chainstay is 435mm between all sizes, So for bigger guys, I would choose another bike option.

I am 5'7" with a 5'9" wingspan and went Small only because I wanted a shorter wheelbase for playfulness, and the Small does not feel cramped at all.

I have Mediums for my MegatowerV2 and my Bullit, both have 455mm Reach, and my Small Furious with 440mm Reach feels longer, then again I kinda adjusted the Furious to make it a longer reach. I effectively added about 25mm of Reach by lowering the stem as far as it would go, and am using a longer stem (50mm).

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
Hey. What kind of sag do you use on the bike? Öhlins recommends 30% on their website and it seems pretty big.

It would be nice to hear your settings and which brand of suspension you have.

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
JK28330 wrote:
Hey. What kind of sag do you use on the bike? Öhlins recommends 30% on their website and it seems pretty big.

It would be nice to hear your settings and which brand of suspension you have.

30% is the baseline for basically all bike. I run between 27.5 to 32.5 for all my bikes. My Furious is at about 27.5 PSI. I also tried it at 25 psi and it feels faster that way, but was NOT as comfortable and cushy feeling. All suspension settings are subjective, and you just have to find out your own settings.

Posted: Nov 20, 2022 at 13:52 Quote
Does anyone here still run a v2 Furious?

I'm refreshing an old frame, doing the bearings, etc. I think it needs a new rear shock bolt and Commencal Tech lists this as being the same part as the front shock bolt. Mine is not, it is longer and has a different thread. Should they be the same or is it an error at Commencal?

Thanks!!

Gab

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Just incase anyone else has this issue, I've spoken to Commencal and they should both be the same- I've got a couple of new bolts on order.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
Dagabba wrote:
Does anyone here still run a v2 Furious?

I'm refreshing an old frame, doing the bearings, etc. I think it needs a new rear shock bolt and Commencal Tech lists this as being the same part as the front shock bolt. Mine is not, it is longer and has a different thread. Should they be the same or is it an error at Commencal?

Thanks!!

Gab

sheesh! just call Commencal! get the information directly from the source! or are you Millennials too scared to talk on the phone????

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 14:40 Quote
HendersonMike wrote:
Dagabba wrote:
Does anyone here still run a v2 Furious?

I'm refreshing an old frame, doing the bearings, etc. I think it needs a new rear shock bolt and Commencal Tech lists this as being the same part as the front shock bolt. Mine is not, it is longer and has a different thread. Should they be the same or is it an error at Commencal?

Thanks!!

Gab

sheesh! just call Commencal! get the information directly from the source! or are you Millennials too scared to talk on the phone????

Did you read my last post?

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 15:55 Quote
Dagabba wrote:
HendersonMike wrote:
Dagabba wrote:
Does anyone here still run a v2 Furious?

I'm refreshing an old frame, doing the bearings, etc. I think it needs a new rear shock bolt and Commencal Tech lists this as being the same part as the front shock bolt. Mine is not, it is longer and has a different thread. Should they be the same or is it an error at Commencal?

Thanks!!

Gab

sheesh! just call Commencal! get the information directly from the source! or are you Millennials too scared to talk on the phone????

Did you read my last post?


Oh my bad! I missed that lat sentence. I send to you sir my most sincerest apologies. I am the "Millennial" here in this instance for having ADD and not reading your post all the way through HAAHAHA

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 19:43 Quote
Dagabba wrote:
......

Gab

3 useful pieces of info for you:

1) Commencal has been known to change from year to year and still call it a "V2" or whatever. So I guess if you do NOT have a s/n for the guy then can't look up specific frames. If you did provide him a s/n that is Commencals bad if it was truly changed from year to year and he does not know the measurements.

2) People have been known to modify parts, so maybe he grounded down the width of the shock mounting points on the frame to work with the shock bushings he had on hand?

3) I bought a frame before where no one knew where it was from, all I did take calipers and measure the width of the mounting points (both front and rear), and measure the shock mounting hole diameters (this is either 8mm or 10mm, but can also be 6mm). Back in the old days, they had some weird width measurements. Instead of being like 30x8mm it will be something like 8.0x32.4mm, For Fox, they have many different size bushings, but I remember in my case, Fox did not sell the "32.x4mm" bushings I needed, I went .04mm bigger and it with the shock bushings mounted with the Fox Shock, the Shock dropped into the frame like a glove! My personal opinion, is error on the side of bigger, but try not to go more than 1.0mm bigger.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 0:24 Quote
Thanks, yeah I think the hardware has changed at some point with a former owner perhaps just putting in what he had. I've been chasing a tiny amount of play and I'm hopeful this will solve it.

Commencal have been pretty helpful, fingers crossed it'll be an easy fix!

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
im debating on buying a new frs frame with the wheel set, cranks and bb, and headset. then i would build it up as i get more money. does this sound like a good idea?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012075
Mobile Version of Website