The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
i agree. i am running a vivid r2c with the supplied 350lb spring that came on my large. feels soft, sag currently set around 28%. I am coming off of an am v4 with air front and rear, so ill give it some time on the new coil sprung setup before i change anything.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
Cheers!!

Is someone of you guys 187cm tall and rides the new Furious in size XL?
I'm interested in some experiences about the reach and the handling of the Bike in size XL.

Thanks mates

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
okei wrote:
maxnomas wrote:
i am 190lb.
the bike came with a 350lb spring in the L size, it feels soft.. anybody around my weight with an opinion? its my firts downhill bike and first coil spring suspension so if you can help, please do.

Same situation. Im 85kg with gear so 187 lbs. Bike felt soft. I ordered firm boxxer spring and ti spring with 400lb tension. I actually had another steel 400lb spring which worked really well and felt balanced for my weight and paired with firm boxxer spring. (Well, after all xl size bike comes with firm front and 400 rear.) Just waiting for the ti spring to arrive. On Ti spring's website I used this calculator which recommended the 400 spring for my weight as well. Im riding with another rear suspension, Rockshox's Vivid R2C, and havent tried the stock, Kage R, but anyways. Even that Vivid's compression fully closed it felt soft with 350lb spring.

That is what I did too.. I´ll wait for the blue boxxer spring to arrive and the 400lb for the shock
thanks!

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
Holzi wrote:
Cheers!!

Is someone of you guys 187cm tall and rides the new Furious in size XL?
I'm interested in some experiences about the reach and the handling of the Bike in size XL.

Thanks mates

I am 186 and the L size feels great! considering this is not the bike for racing, but for freeriding, jumping and enjoying every single minute on it!

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
Thank you maxnomas,

have you had the chance to ride as size XL.
Most times I ride in bikeparks and hometrails and my yt jeffsy has a reach of 445mm.
That is 5 mm longer and it is a Trail bike

Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
Holzi wrote:
Thank you maxnomas,

have you had the chance to ride as size XL.
Most times I ride in bikeparks and hometrails and my yt jeffsy has a reach of 445mm.
That is 5 mm longer and it is a Trail bike

If were a racer i would go for the XL.. but the L feels nice for freeriding and bikepark..
The bike is smaller in real life than in paper but still feels great man

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 10:00 Quote
Really digging how this setup turned out. Performs awesome!

photo

photo

photo

Please post up pics of yours!

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 19:54 Quote
Just got mine, swapped in a Vivid r2c on the rear and Solo air + Charger in Forks. Stoked to get out and ride it this weekend.

2017 Commencal Furious

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 12:57 Quote
Hi, I am 190cm tall and my weight is 80kg. I chose XL and it feels great but the 400lbs spring feels soft when I want to get the bike in the air. I am going to put there ROCKSHOX Vivid Air R2C, what do you guys think of that? Other than that it is a great bike for bikepark and DH riding.

photo

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
i love my vivid r2c, but with that said i feel like there are too many adjustments. there alot of pros that enjoy the kage rc better bc of this reason.

I have a brand spankin new (never installed) kage rc with an installed 500lb if anyone is interested. it was a warranty replacement from RS. while i was waiting i installed the Kage with the intent to sell. just throwing that out there.

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
I just pulled the trigger on a Vivid coil to upgrade my Kage. I tried the stock 350 spring and bought a 400, but need more of a platform for jumps. The vivid I bought has a 550# spring, so I will likley go with a 450#, but I am trying the 400 first, since the sag is right at 1"

I'll have the Vivid Thursday and plan to try it at the park Saturday, I'll post any observations

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
So how does it ride? Any comparison with other bikes?
Thanks

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
Rides a lot like a bike.

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 at 11:51 Quote
Finished building my baby today Commencal Furious 2018 really happy with how it came out. It's a very roomy bike iám 180cm's and ride a Large frame got plenty of space with the 30mm stem

photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029966
Mobile Version of Website