The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
Huh that’s pretty cool that they made that change, glory of aluminum is that you can make mid-year changes like that.

I’m selling my large 2018 and have been suggesting that guys 5’9-6’0 are probably the ideal height for the large, Commencal bikes have always felt about 1/2”-1” short to me and I’m 6’1

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
Yes, but the fact they didn’t mention it, really turns me off. It somehow feels shady, even though it is an improvement. IDK, maybe I’m just nutz

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 2:02 Quote
Hi guys, I'm in need of a new FR/park bike and Furious seems to be pretty much everything I need from my bike. There is however one big question: I like my bikes short, nimble and playful, which is why I've been wondering whether it would be possible to fit Furious with 26" wheels (and 26" Boxxer).

I know that BB will be low, but is it going to be too close to the ground? What else should I take into consideration? I have very nice (and relatively new) 26" wheels and 26" Boxxer, and updating just the frame instead of basically the whole bike would be so much cheaper.

Thanks!

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 2:38 Quote
Crashlab wrote:
Hi guys, I'm in need of a new FR/park bike and Furious seems to be pretty much everything I need from my bike. There is however one big question: I like my bikes short, nimble and playful, which is why I've been wondering whether it would be possible to fit Furious with 26" wheels (and 26" Boxxer).

I know that BB will be low, but is it going to be too close to the ground? What else should I take into consideration? I have very nice (and relatively new) 26" wheels and 26" Boxxer, and updating just the frame instead of basically the whole bike would be so much cheaper.

Thanks!

Hi ! i don't think it would be a problem to put some 26" wheels if :
-suspensions set hard
-short/medim size (the bike is quite long)

Also don't forget that you will loose the warranty, on a bike that easely cracks (front for the 2017 and early-2018 models and chainstay tube). The Furious is very playful even if it's long and 27.5", maybe you should try one before ?

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
Cricri68 wrote:
-suspensions set hard

Also don't forget that you will loose the warranty, on a bike that easely cracks (front for the 2017 and early-2018 models and chainstay tube). The Furious is very playful even if it's long and 27.5", maybe you should try one before ?

This is new for me, i haven't heard about commencal frames cracking since the v3 launched.
How have you heard about it? Happened to your own bike?
I thought all commencal frames these days were so over built that they shouldn't break.
This reminds me of an interview with Max Commencal where he said that not a single Meta AM had cracked(v3 i think). I wonder if that was a lie.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
Startgas wrote:
Cricri68 wrote:
-suspensions set hard

This is new for me, i haven't heard about commencal frames cracking since the v3 launched.
How have you heard about it? Happened to your own bike?
I thought all commencal frames these days were so over built that they shouldn't break.
This reminds me of an interview with Max Commencal where he said that not a single Meta AM had cracked(v3 i think). I wonder if that was a lie.

many of them in my local area. This is why they did a new welding on the late-2018 / 2019 frames (between the top tube and diagonal tube). I personnaly ride an old version and there's no sign of crack after a year.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
Cricri68 wrote:
Crashlab wrote:

Thanks!

-suspensions set hard

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the problems with 17/18 frames. Indeed, it seems that the 2019 version has been changed a little bit compared to earlier years, both in terms of longer reach and some new weldings.

Is it really so that using a different wheel size results in one losing warranty?

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Maybe if you tell them, but they don't need to know that, do they?

But seriously, it shouldn't. As the geometry is unchanged there will not be higher stress on the frame. It will just sit lower.

Cricri68: Thanks for the info!

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Thanks Cricri68 for the hint on cracks in 2017 and early 2018 models. I checked my 2017 large size frame and found a cracks under top tube and top of lower tube close to junction point to headtube. Got that thing solved with commencal customer service within few hours and im getting a same old geo front triangle with stronger junction/welding on top tube from warranty. Very happy with customer service.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
Hi i've ordered a furious frame , with a zero stack headset , will a 150mm steerer tube ok ? Or i need to replace it ?

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Cookiefr wrote:
Hi i've ordered a furious frame , with a zero stack headset , will a 150mm steerer tube ok ? Or i need to replace it ?
Hi! It will be short but i think it is ok.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
Cricri68 wrote:
Cookiefr wrote:
Hi! It will be short but i think it is ok.
Thanks! I've ordered a 2018 green team frame ,
hope it will arrive updated , even if from the photo on the site seems an older version

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
hey guys! here's my furious!

https://www.instagram.com/p/By9vUt5FD3D/

what size of seat clamp should i go? 34.9mm or 36.4mm?

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
raident30 wrote:

Noice Big Grin
It's a 34.9 clamp !

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
Cricri68 wrote:
raident30 wrote:

Noice Big Grin
It's a 34.9 clamp !

hey thanks!

anybody tried putting a single crown fork on their furious? was thinking of putting a 180mm fox 36 for enduro season.

Active Forum Threads
6 mins ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
11 mins ago - shimano brakes; swap olive fitting for banjo?
49 mins ago - 2019 Stoudts Cross - PACX Cyclocross Racing at Stoudts Brewing Co., Adamstown, PA 11/3
1 hours ago - Santa Cruz Hightower LT
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol or Santa Cruz Bronson?
1 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
2 hours ago - 2017 Meta 4.2
2 hours ago - The official BOS thread
2 hours ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
2 hours ago - Cant re-import deleted strava ride logs from trailfork
2 hours ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
2 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
2 hours ago - WE supply gold nuggets and gold bars for sale 98.4% +27613119008 in US,Canada Uk,France ,Switzerland,
2 hours ago - 1000rand Potassium Cyanide Both Pills And Powder KCN 99.99% +27613119008 in Bloemfontein
2 hours ago - London Bring Back Lost Love Spell Caster +27734818506 in Tasmania Victoria West Norway Hull London MISSOURI Algeria
2 hours ago - +27613119008 SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION FOR CLEANING BLACK POUND AND Activation Powder IN SouthAfrica,Namibia,Botswana
2 hours ago - Cocaine Buy Online, Where to buy cocaine, Honey Cocaine
2 hours ago - BILLIONAIRES CLUB HOW TO JOIN 666 ILLUMINATI SECRET SOCIETY FOR MONEY +27734818506 ?IN Bloemfontein Freestate Namibia,Cyprus
2 hours ago - Release date for S-Works Enduro Frame availability
3 hours ago - Holdiay pricing/Custom Bike Build
3 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
3 hours ago - show off your Santa Cruz
3 hours ago - Bike security
3 hours ago - Jeffsy 29er Thread
3 hours ago - 2019 Stumpjumper Coil Shock

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024442
Mobile Version of Website