Cheap Street Bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Cheap Street Bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
Hello!

Finishing off my first year in college and would love to have a cheap street bike that I can mess around on without having to worry about it getting stolen when locked up outside. The campus does not offer any kind or bike protection or storage locker. I usually ride a Cannondale trigger, but I can't bring it out because there is no place to store it. What I'm looking for is an inexpensive steel frame bike with a single speed drive-train and an absolute minimal amount of components. I am a decent bike mechanic so I could probably fix up an old beater. Can anyone direct me to a recommended bike or a place to buy something like this? Thanks!

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
Betancourtalec wrote:
Hello!

Finishing off my first year in college and would love to have a cheap street bike that I can mess around on without having to worry about it getting stolen when locked up outside. The campus does not offer any kind or bike protection or storage locker. I usually ride a Cannondale trigger, but I can't bring it out because there is no place to store it. What I'm looking for is an inexpensive steel frame bike with a single speed drive-train and an absolute minimal amount of components. I am a decent bike mechanic so I could probably fix up an old beater. Can anyone direct me to a recommended bike or a place to buy something like this? Thanks!

Are you talking about a street bike to do tricks, jumps, etc? That is what this forum is for. Or are you talking about something that is for commuting or getting around town? If so, this is not the right forum.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 19:31 Quote
Street bikes are generally never sold as completes (Deity Streetsweeper, NS Suburban or Capital, Beddo, Blk Mrkt, you name it) sold as frames only). You could just look on the pb buy/sell for a decent complete build at a cheaper price. Or get the frame on buy sell, and build the rest with decent budget parts. Either way, building a street bike costs around 500 minimum.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006937
Mobile Version of Website