16 Fox float X EVOL knocking issue

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
16 Fox float X EVOL knocking issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 18:01 Quote
Hey guys. So I purchased a frame fitted with a 2016 fox float X EVOL shock and straight out of the box it was making a knocking sound on the compression stroke about 1 inch into the travel. I have checked torque on every bolt, and looked into pedal feedback to the freehub, seat creaking, and headset. I know it's the shock because it only makes the knock in trail mode. Climb and descend mode are silent. As of yet I haven't found a fix other than a warranty replacement. Any others have this issue, and if so, did you fix it or warranty it?

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 18:07 Quote
Update: so Evil was great about my issue and sent me a brand new shock. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for fox. Unfortunetely, my new shock shares the same (less noticeable, yet present) issue as the last, and this time the adjustments are frozen and will not budge. I can't adjust compression or the open position selector, but rebound seems fine. I have attempted to cann tech support to see if possibly they could talk me through a quick fix but no one will take my call. I have tried on 5 seperate occasions. I'm disappointed in fox, really. I've had similar customer support issues in the past but really I just don't want to be off my bike for another week and a half while they get their shit together.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 13:16 Quote
That really sucks man. I've had good luck with fox costumer sevice though. Usually I'm able to talk to someone within about five minutes. As far as the knocking though I think that is fairly common in the evolution series. It's not quite as common in the factory series. I don't believe it's an actual defect however. Just the way they sound.

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
So, further update. I've tried a personal extension from Patrick at fox, supposedly a "technical writer" or something to that effect. Left messages, called again and again, and I've reached out yet another time via his personal email and have still received no response to my warranty. I seriously feel like their bullshit customer service reps are putting me out of their minds and just assuming I have no idea what I'm talking about and that I should just deal with it. I've done everything they've asked, and I've disassembled the switch as per their instructions and it still doesn't work. This is the SECOND float X evol in 3 months I've had issues with. Why they don't believe me is beyond my comprehension. I'm over being mellow and understanding about it.
MY BRAND NEW SHOCK (s) IS/ARE DEFECTIVE. f*ck YOU, FOX. Shoulda bought the push. Knew it. At least PUSH will answer the phone.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009882
Mobile Version of Website