10 inch travel forks

PB Forum :: Downhill
10 inch travel forks
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 16:45 Quote
if this is what you're looking for, i would not recommend it...
photo

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:16 Quote
it would make the bike slack as f*ck and ride like shit

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
derekguy123 wrote:

Ive got an on*one 456..... gonna be a long ass fork.

I've got a TR500. UH OH!
You need a 20 inch fork

Gonna top that one...........

What about a Intense 951 Facepalm

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 5:59 Quote
mickeymetz wrote:
derekguy123 wrote:

I've got a TR500. UH OH!
You need a 20 inch fork

Gonna top that one...........

What about a Intense 951 Facepalm
That bike needs a 37 in fork

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 2:39 Quote
Who told you it was made with 10 inch forks in mind? There has never been a mainstream 10 inch fork available, at least not in the lifetime of any generation of Trek Session. Avalanche forks are custom pieces and they don't really count. But if you insist on spending almost four thousand dollars on a fork that will feel like an anchor at the front of your bikes you should check them out.

But again, I am dying to know who told you the session was made for forks like that?

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
Your bike was not designed for a 10" fork, period. Trek session comes with 8" from the factory

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 22:25 Quote
Painhawk wrote:
Who told you it was made with 10 inch forks in mind? There has never been a mainstream 10 inch fork available, at least not in the lifetime of any generation of Trek Session. Avalanche forks are custom pieces and they don't really count. But if you insist on spending almost four thousand dollars on a fork that will feel like an anchor at the front of your bikes you should check them out.

But again, I am dying to know who told you the session was made for forks like that?

I'm curious, what's the point of the 10 inch Avalanche fork? Huck bikes like Bender era stuff?

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
gramboh wrote:

I'm curious, what's the point of the 10 inch Avalanche fork? Huck bikes like Bender era stuff?

I would imagine so, yeah. That fork has been available on their website for ages, but I can't really see him getting any orders for a fork like that. Maybe for retro huck bikes, as you suggested. Still though, that is an obscene amount for a fork.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 21:24 Quote
Noahb102 wrote:
I got a trek session 10 for Christmas and it came with a boxer with 8 inches of travel and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes 10 inch travel forks.

Hey noahb102
over the 4 years the session 10 was around it only ever came with an 8" fork, you must have gotten some bad advice. The only fork I've ever heard of over 8" is the marzocchi super monster at 12" and you don't want one of them!
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2006&Brand=Trek&Model=Session%2010&Type=bike

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013344
Mobile Version of Website