BOS IDYLLE vs MANITOU DORADO

PB Forum :: Downhill
BOS IDYLLE vs MANITOU DORADO
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
Just got myself a set of dorados! though they need a service but meant I got them pretty cheap and I can service my own suspension anyone know a good place to get seals ect?

They are the Dorado Expert so not the top model but its just a bit of weight difference isnt it? and the finish of the crowns? internally the same?

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 2:22 Quote
Yeah, just a bit of weight difference. And a different grade of aluminium as well if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure where to suggest you get your seals from. But as for the seals themselves, I highly recommend that you get the evil genius 2 seals. They're longer lasting and noticeably slipperier.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
awesome ive seen them actually ill see if I can get some fairly cheep. I think its about 120g difference but my bike is heavier than a tank so that isnt going to bother me really and yeah I think the expert is 6000 alu and the pro is 7050 I think the expert has slightly thicker walls?

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
This thread makes me EXTREMELY happy that I just pulled the trigger on a dorado pro

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
Just got the my Dorados today waiting for service parts to come

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
So I stupidly bought seals that dont fit... but got some that do fit delivered the next day (today) though I couldnt find any of the Evil Genius 2 seals in 36mm.

Anyway I serviced the forks this morning and impressed by how simple it is but was so impressed with how the fork performed, I thought I hadnt put enough grease on the seals. I decided I would stick them on my bike and let them bed in see if they were any better, 20 mins later Im going up and down a hill near my house and ridding through the bumpiest/roughest bits I can and the small bump sensitivity is amazing but theres still a bit of stiction but I think thats mainly because theyre new seals.

Overall I was blown away by these forks, much lighter than my BOS forks and much nicer too they ramp up very nicely too after playing with adjustments and air pressures Ive got it somewhere I am very happy with and I can 100% say this is the best forks Ive ever ridden. The BOS forks are still very good but these are way better. The Dorados are a bit lighter too but the main thing is on the BOS forks most the weight is at the wheel but on the Dorado is closer to the rider so is much more agile imo.

Also just put my wheel between my legs and twisted the bars and was quite shocked at the flex but this doesnt bother me really and Im quite interested to see what its like at high speed on rocky stuff. Also these forks look BADASS on my flatline! will have a few photos up later tup

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011855
Mobile Version of Website