Norco Sight vs Optic

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 11:41 Quote
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new mountain bike and I've always been a Norco guy. I'm weighing my options between the Sight or the Opitc. I've tried the 29er Optic but didn't love it so sticking with 650b and most likely aluminium rather than carbon.

I mostly ride technical, man made, rooty, north shore type of riding.

Anybody have experience with either? Any opinion is much appreciated.

Cheers!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
Depends what you want out of the bike. What didn't you like about the optic?

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 13:11 Quote
I'm repping the Norco Sight A7.1 at the moment, absolutely love this bike. I have pushed it to the limits and hasn't let me down once. You said you like to ride technical trails with roots, etc. I think that the sight would be a better option in my opinion. I could be a little bias because I own the sight, but I have ridden both bikes and loved the sight out of the two. Both bikes are really good and lots of fun!

Editor O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Although they may look similar from a distance, there are several key differences between the Norco Optic and the Sight. The amount of travel is the most obvious one – the Optic has 120mm of rear travel that's paired with a 130mm fork, while the Sight has 140mm of rear travel and a 150mm fork. Will the Sight's extra 20mm of squish be noticeable out on the trail? Absolutely. It'll help smooth out some of those rooty, technical trails you mentioned, and there will be extra travel in reserve to help out on those really big hits.

Of course, both bike can handle technical trails, but for the type of riding you described I'd steer you towards the Sight. The longer travel and the slacker head angle (66.5 vs. 68-degrees) help create a bike that feels more stable and composed at higher speeds and on steeper terrain. You might lose a little bit of liveliness when you're poking around on flatter trails, but the Sight's still a very well-rounded bike that's doesn't sacrifice too much on the climbs or the descents.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008794
Mobile Version of Website