Uber as shuttle in Bend, OR?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Uber as shuttle in Bend, OR?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has had experience shuttling to Wanoga from Bend via Uber. I tried online and it says that it can't price the route or any in Bend. The map shows that out past Bachelor is covered, but even if I try Deschutes Pub to anywhere it cant provide an estimate.

I know Cog Wild does it but for $15/person, but only if there is enough people and I'm guessing Uber would be cheaper.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 2:02 Quote
I don't believe Uber is operating in Bend yet. While I was looking through Airbnb in Bend I noticed a few places advertised that Uber was coming this summer just in time me for the summer booking season.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 23:41 Quote
https://www.uber.com/cities/eastern-oregon

And as a TRUE Eastern Oregonian (from Ontario), it upsets me that they say Bend is Eastern Oregon. But then again, I cannot get any fare estimates, so you may be right.

I suppose there is still a few months before Wanoga is even open to MTBs as I am in Portland and as hard as we have been hit, Bend has been hammered even more with snow.

Have a week at 7th mtn Labor day and can't wait to hit up Bachelor/Wanoga and Phils.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
It's pretty rare that Cog Wild isn't running a shuttle during the season. Usually it's the opposite, and you'd be well-advised to get a reservation or they might be too full to take you. Especially on a holiday weekend.

The only one I have found they don't often run is the 7:30am, due to insufficient demand.

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 4:55 Quote
I know nothing about UBER as shuttle but I know UBER has not yet been allowed in Bend they just changed the law this winter and it will begin operating sometime early this summer.

Bachelor and Wenoga are still snowed in and closed but lower Phils and everything east is running great.

Here is the site to check out updated trail conditions https://bendtrails.org/

FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 17:04 Quote
xaos wrote:
I know nothing about UBER as shuttle but I know UBER has not yet been allowed in Bend they just changed the law this winter and it will begin operating sometime early this summer.

Bachelor and Wenoga are still snowed in and closed but lower Phils and everything east is running great.

Here is the site to check out updated trail conditions https://bendtrails.org/

Too bad, Uber is Evil spelled differently. Rideshare has completely destroyed the traffic flow in my town. They are piloted by enslaved out-of-towners who have no idea where they are going and have no free will except to double-park in a bike lane (chained to the course plotted by their evil masters). To preserve their Driver Ratings, they stop anywhere that is convenient for their entitled 'I Want It Now' passengers. The pitiable (non-employee) drivers are carcasses that will be discarded with a 1099 and without a care or benefit as soon as Driverless is legalized and automates them and their worn-out Hyundais & Priuseseses into oblivion. Rideshare Uber Alles? Hell no. Take a bus, train, ride a bike, sk8, walk, anything else. please. How bout dat?

Edit - MTB content: I was in Bend 2 weeks ago and the dirt was killer. I rode up the highway towards mount bachelor from the 7th mountain resort area for a few miles and caught a forest service road over to C.O.D. and winged it from ther.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010880
Mobile Version of Website