G160 rs

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
Hi all

I am in need of some help.

The wife & I are thinking of getting are self's a Whyte G160rs each (we had a test ride on them & we both like the bike for how we ride & were we ride)
The help I need is
What is the company like for after sale's stuff ?
I.E.
Fault's with the frames & components ?
How well are you looked after buy them if things go wrong with the bikes ?

Thanks for any help.

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 2:05 Quote
YANzzzz wrote:
Hi all

I am in need of some help.

The wife & I are thinking of getting are self's a Whyte G160rs each (we had a test ride on them & we both like the bike for how we ride & were we ride)
The help I need is
What is the company like for after sale's stuff ?
I.E.
Fault's with the frames & components ?
How well are you looked after buy them if things go wrong with the bikes ?

Thanks for any help.

Bought my T130 from a local dealer and they've been great with some minor problems with the rear wheel bearings failing prematurely and the dropper post getting sticky. Either repaired overnight or replacement parts delivered in a couple of days.

I've contacted Whyte directly with a few technical questions (e.g. chainline for new boost oval chain ring) and they've been helpful without automatically referring me back to the dealer.

My bike has been well used (thrashed!) over the last 12 months an only consumable parts have needed replacement - e.g. drivetrain. That said, my headset bearings dried out after 8months, but that was me using the hose to aggressively!

In terms of the frame, it's proven pretty robust in terms of rock strikes and stacks. Paint is still in good nick and the decals are looking sharp.

If you're buying from local dealer then you shouldn't have any big concerns about loosing riding time.

A pair of G160s sounds fun too!

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
Thanks for your info
The wife got her G160rs & is loving it.
I am going to hang on till September / October & try out the G170rs & may go for it if it's as good as the G160rs or better.

Do you have an email address for whyte as I have not been able to find one.
Thanks again.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
Thanks for your info
The wife got her G160rs & is loving it.
I am going to hang on till September / October & try out the G170rs & may go for it if it's as good as the G160rs or better.

Do you have an email address for whyte as I have not been able to find one.
Thanks again.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Hiya any update on weather you got the g170 and if so how does it compare to the g160

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
Hi dchardy

I did not get the G170 so can not tell you about it sorry.

After riding the wife's G160rs a few times I ended up buying myself one & saved over £500 on it as it was the last one they had & wanted it out of the way for the new one's coming in.

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
We had all our bikes knicked on Monday including my g160rs so I'll be saving up for the g170rs next.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
Arrrgh! Rat bastards. My T130 CRS was stolen two weeks ago off my car. Death to bike thieves.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008616
Mobile Version of Website