Brakes, Dh and FR extreme, whats the best.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Brakes, Dh and FR extreme, whats the best.
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
unfknblvbl wrote:
t3kman wrote:
unfknblvbl wrote:

people like you need to stop talking. sure four pistons is no better if each piston is smaller, but in many brakes, like my old 4 piston xt's each piston is the same size as many two piston brakes. please try to tell me that if all of the pistons are the same size, that four will not displace more fluid than two.
If the surface area of the pads on a 4 piston caliper don't equal that of the surface area on 2 piston caliper, there will be less braking power. But when it comes to 4 piston calipers the pad surface area is very rarely less than that of a 2 piston caliper. The whole basis behind 4 piston calipers is to create more surface area will a small as possible brake caliper.
yes, thank you for knowing something. also with more fluid being displaced, you can clamp on harder, but that is not really a problem an tiny little bike discs.

Just to let you know you increase your force by a lot when you add pistons i can give you the formula if you want it

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
Formula the ones
code 5 calipers with juicy ultamate levers

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
i have avid codes and i swear down by them theyre pricy but if u look around iv seen them for £100 and thats less than trade. once uv tried them ul want them they r awsome

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
bighucker wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
Formula the ones

That would weigth as much as a normal white codes,No offence but the formula The Ones are way ligther and more powerfull than the codes.Also more beautifull than the codes

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
trekrules wrote:
bighucker wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
Formula the ones

That would weigth as much as a normal white codes,No offence but the formula The Ones are way ligther and more powerfull than the codes.Also more beautifull than the codes
wat are u talking about? ultamate levers and code 5 calapiers...if i'm not mistaken the ultamate levers are carbon not metallol last time i cheked most carbon stuff was lighter than metal stuff, and the code 5 caliper is more brake than needed...so no thier lighter than the "white codes" and just as much power. formulas are to much brake...thats just me

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
bighucker wrote:
trekrules wrote:
bighucker wrote:

wat are u talking about? ultamate levers and code 5 calapiers...if i'm not mistaken the ultamate levers are carbon not metallol last time i cheked most carbon stuff was lighter than metal stuff, and the code 5 caliper is more brake than needed...so no thier lighter than the "white codes" and just as much power. formulas are to much brake...thats just me

1 crash and your lever have snapped? no thanks. plus that would be over expensive for the brake you are actualy getting IMO.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
i like my codes a whole lot,nice and easy to use with great modulation,and lever blade feel.

saints really nice also but for a heavy rider needed more finger power than the codes.

hayes mags were great but terribly grabby,along with hfx9 which i couldnt fault,however hayes screwed me over with there el shitio's and after that i wont be buying hayes again.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
plumslinger wrote:
bighucker wrote:
trekrules wrote:

1 crash and your lever have snapped? no thanks. plus that would be over expensive for the brake you are actualy getting IMO.
i'd rather then snap right off rather than have a wicked bent one thats jammed.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
bighucker wrote:
plumslinger wrote:
bighucker wrote:

i'd rather then snap right off rather than have a wicked bent one thats jammed.
the ones will always be better than codes. no doubt.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
taylorsmith wrote:
he said hes into heavyer fr and dh so i would immagine he would be wanting some better brakes.. the avid juicy 5 works really well and its at a decent price
definitely not those for dh and fr, theyre too weak. use some codes, juicy 7s, anything strong

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
dan13l-b1gh1t wrote:
taylorsmith wrote:
he said hes into heavyer fr and dh so i would immagine he would be wanting some better brakes.. the avid juicy 5 works really well and its at a decent price
definitely not those for dh and fr, theyre too weak. use some codes, juicy 7s, anything strong

Juicy 5 is exactly the same as the 7, just without pad adjust. that said, juicy ultimate on code calipers

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 18:49 Quote
ninjaty wrote:
dan13l-b1gh1t wrote:
taylorsmith wrote:

Juicy 5 is exactly the same as the 7, just without pad adjust. that said, juicy ultimate on code calipers
no, i know 2 people that have juicy 5s and juicy sevens and the sevens are definitelt waaaaay stronger. i dont know if he didnt brake the juicy 5 pads in better or something, but im 100% sure 7s are better. thats just a common misinterperetation

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
Actually Ninjaty is right, I service brakes all day, and the pad contact and the style of the master cylinder is the only difference, not so much the power. Its not a common misconception, its the truth, theyre pretty much the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.091929
Mobile Version of Website