First FS Bike, Thought on Stance 1?

PB Forum :: Giant
First FS Bike, Thought on Stance 1?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 14:13 Quote
My 18 year old hardtail is on its last leg, and I'm really wanting a FS Giant. Here are the three options in my price range

Anthem 3
Trance 3
Stance 1

So far I've leaned more towards the Stance 1 as it looks like the best bang for your buck in terms of components; it also seems "middle of the road" in terms of suspension between the anthem and the trance.The only issue I've seen is that there are hardly any reviews on the 2017 Model.

I'd mainly like to have a bike that I could have a lot of fun on; and maybe do a few local races but nothing serious.

What do you all think?

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
Yahtz33 wrote:
My 18 year old hardtail is on its last leg, and I'm really wanting a FS Giant. Here are the three options in my price range

Anthem 3
Trance 3
Stance 1

So far I've leaned more towards the Stance 1 as it looks like the best bang for your buck in terms of components; it also seems "middle of the road" in terms of suspension between the anthem and the trance.The only issue I've seen is that there are hardly any reviews on the 2017 Model.

I'd mainly like to have a bike that I could have a lot of fun on; and maybe do a few local races but nothing serious.

What do you all think?
The stance is a great bike. I have the 2016 model with a full XT drivetrain and maxxis tubeless tires. I do almost everything with the bike from racing XC to going to the downhill tracks. Granted it's not the best for either of those, but still a ton of fun. I'm unfortunately going to have to sell mine, because I have out grown it. But overall a very good entry level full sus bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 9:45 Quote
Yahtz33 wrote:

Anthem 3
Trance 3
Stance 1

What do you all think?

Seems like you have your mind made up..having said that, see if you LBS has any Giant demo days lined up. That way you can get some real seat time vs internet forums

Im biased and will point you towards the Trance

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
Honestly i think you should go with a trance 3 over a stance 1. If any selling point to pick definatly trances maestro linkage.
The trance frame also provides you with a better frame to build off for the future.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 1:35 Quote
Stance does not have Maestro suspension, go for Anthem or Trance, Stance is trying to be Giant without Maestro - its like Porsche without boxer engine :-)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009900
Mobile Version of Website