Best flat pedal shoes

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
Hi, I've always ridden XC and clipless (the go to here in The Netherlands). Was always tempted to try much burlier. Recently I've bought an enduro bike. Now that I'm trying to progress I experience clips and XC shoes are holding me back. Although I'm just 15 years old bad style bunnyhops sneaked in over my riding years. So I thought let's try flats. I've got some decent pedals and now I'm in need of flat pedal shoes. Old sneakers don't do it for me.

With these flat pedal shoes I need to able to:
- pedal all day
- smash downhill in- and outside bike parks
- protect my feet very well
- no cold feet (e.g. Specialized 2fo flat is no option)
- no need to be completely closed from water
- durability: really really important to me since I've read very dissapointed people. I favor to pay some more and look for a good deal, then buy some shoes that are worthless in just a couple of months.

I'd love to hear your input

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 10:14 Quote
AOshred wrote:
Hi, I've always ridden XC and clipless (the go to here in The Netherlands). Was always tempted to try much burlier. Recently I've bought an enduro bike. Now that I'm trying to progress I experience clips and XC shoes are holding me back. Although I'm just 15 years old bad style bunnyhops sneaked in over my riding years. So I thought let's try flats. I've got some decent pedals and now I'm in need of flat pedal shoes. Old sneakers don't do it for me.

With these flat pedal shoes I need to able to:
- pedal all day
- smash downhill in- and outside bike parks
- protect my feet very well
- no cold feet (e.g. Specialized 2fo flat is no option)
- no need to be completely closed from water
- durability: really really important to me since I've read very dissapointed people. I favor to pay some more and look for a good deal, then buy some shoes that are worthless in just a couple of months.

I'd love to hear your input

Look at fiveten. Their freerider line looks like a good option for you.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 9:47 Quote
Adidas Terrex TrailCross SL...(they bought FiveTen) its uses the same Stealth rubber which is really stick. Really robust shoe but still comfortable with a nice insole, and very robust and protective. Nice details all around and even though not waterproof, they hold water really well, and loads of times i wash them with the hose after and they don't get wet inside and dry fast. Im really impressed. the other day i had an accident and I'm sure if i wasn't wearing these my toe would still be on the trail stuck to a rock.

Like these...(but mine are all black)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/adidas-terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360798826&kpid=5360798826&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Shoes&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7Csb4iLicai_dc%7Cpcrid%7C67090788062%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C5360798826uk

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 22:01 Quote
Five ten freerider elements. Warmer than standard freerider and meet all the other points too.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Adidas Terrex TrailCross SL...(they bought FiveTen) its uses the same Stealth rubber which is really stick. Really robust shoe but still comfortable with a nice insole, and very robust and protective. Nice details all around and even though not waterproof, they hold water really well, and loads of times i wash them with the hose after and they don't get wet inside and dry fast. Im really impressed. the other day i had an accident and I'm sure if i wasn't wearing these my toe would still be on the trail stuck to a rock.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/adidas-terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360798826&kpid=5360798826&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Shoes&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7Csb4iLicai_dc%7Cpcrid%7C67090788062%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C5360798826uk

Thanks for posting these! Exactly what I was looking for

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
Martron12 wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:

Thanks for posting these! Exactly what I was looking for

No probs. Glad I could help...you won't be disappointed.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
Shimano AM7 the Koolaid doesn't taste as good as 5-10, but pretty awesome shoe. Stiffer and more protection than the freerider.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009523
Mobile Version of Website