xtr di2 or sram xx1 eagle

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
xtr di2 or sram xx1 eagle
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 3:52 Quote
Hey everybody im looking for a new groupset and i have only two options the shimano xtr di2 groupset or the sram xx1 eagle groupset
i use my bike for cross country and somethimes marathons and i currently have a 1x11 shimano xtr set up and i know that the xtr di2 groupset is amazing but i also know that the sram xx1 eagle groupset is realy good
also because i already have a complete xtr groupset is would be cheaper to get the di2 so if anybody has experience with the xtr di2 or sram xx1 eagle (or both) please let me now and tel which you preferred

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 4:21 Quote
thomas655555 wrote:
Hey everybody im looking for a new groupset and i have only two options the shimano xtr di2 groupset or the sram xx1 eagle groupset
i use my bike for cross country and somethimes marathons and i currently have a 1x11 shimano xtr set up and i know that the xtr di2 groupset is amazing but i also know that the sram xx1 eagle groupset is realy good
also because i already have a complete xtr groupset is would be cheaper to get the di2 so if anybody has experience with the xtr di2 or sram xx1 eagle (or both) please let me now and tel which you preferred

You will not gain much in going from XTR to Di2, if current shifters work well keep them and buy some super light carbon wheels with that pile of cash you want to throw into new shifters. Or go to some nice trip with that money, it will be better spent :-)

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
onyxss wrote:
thomas655555 wrote:

You will not gain much in going from XTR to Di2, if current shifters work well keep them and buy some super light carbon wheels with that pile of cash you want to throw into new shifters. Or go to some nice trip with that money, it will be better spent :-)

i already have xtr carbon wheels on my bike so

O+
Posted: May 19, 2017 at 22:12 Quote
What are you trying to accomplish by trading out to di2 or eagle, or posting on pinkbike in general? No one likes a show off. You talking about how you want to buy eagle to replace XTR? I doubt there is anyone who would take you seriously. Want to do something with that money burning a hole in your pocket? Go ride the thing somewhere exotic or buy another bike cause the epic sure is a fast bike, but pretty much any other bike in existence would be more enjoyable to ride on the best trails our world has to offer.

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 20:24 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
What are you trying to accomplish by trading out to di2 or eagle, or posting on pinkbike in general? No one likes a show off. You talking about how you want to buy eagle to replace XTR? I doubt there is anyone who would take you seriously. Want to do something with that money burning a hole in your pocket? Go ride the thing somewhere exotic or buy another bike cause the epic sure is a fast bike, but pretty much any other bike in existence would be more enjoyable to ride on the best trails our world has to offer.
I understand that you think the epic is not a fun bike to ride on trails but if you like riding more competetif the epic is on of the best full suspension bike out there for xc and Im not showing of if somebody on this website ask for information about a high end groupset that doesnt mean that he showing off and buying another good xc bike that Can beat the epic for under 1000$ Just doesnt exist so iT would be uslless

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 19:13 Quote
It's going to come down to what you need. I'm currently working at a bike shop and have rode both Shimano xtr di2 and SRAMs eagle drive trans. The main difference between the two are Shimano's drive tran is super fast shifting. The SRAM eagle is range of gearing. Shimano is as fast as you can push the buttons is as fast as the bike changes gears with prefect shifting every time. SRAM's system is 10-50 which Shimano can't currently touch. Shimano 11 speed is 11-48

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 22:52 Quote
cammy86 wrote:
It's going to come down to what you need. I'm currently working at a bike shop and have rode both Shimano xtr di2 and SRAMs eagle drive trans. The main difference between the two are Shimano's drive tran is super fast shifting. The SRAM eagle is range of gearing. Shimano is as fast as you can push the buttons is as fast as the bike changes gears with prefect shifting every time. SRAM's system is 10-50 which Shimano can't currently touch. Shimano 11 speed is 11-48
I think a Will go for the sram xx1 eagle becease yesterday a went biking somwhere with more hills and when a go on realy steep climbs a realy Can see the benefit of having a 1x12 becaus when a use my 1x11 of Shimano I still can do the realy steep climbs but a Just have to use too much power and the eagle is also lichter so
I Just think using a 1x11 Xtr di2 setup Just doesnt have any benefits compard to sram eagle I think If you want to realy use Xtr di2 you Will need a 2x or 3x drivetrain becuease you also Can use syncro shift

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 23:00 Quote
I don't necessarily mean to say that the Epic isn't a fun bike. As far as technical climbing goes that thing is a rocket and tons of fun to challenge myself with. Thing is, challenge I always feel is the key word. Unlike that stupid E word that keeps coming out, xc bikes have a tendency to be very unforgiving in technical terrain, especially as speed picks up.

Anyway with the matter at hand, I just can't see any real purpose to purchasing an "upgraded" drive train. If you go Di2 then you may recieve great precision in shifting, but it's slower. I can plow through gears way faster with a traditional cable driven derailleur than I can with Di2. On the flip side if you went with eagle the shifting precision and quickness is on par with XTR stuff, and the range is greater, but the cost is super high. So yea, for the money I would rather buy a trip somewhere unforgettable, or I'd just buy another bike (and not just for the sake of having more than 1, it would have a different purpose as well.)

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 3:49 Quote
thomas655555 wrote:
onyxss wrote:
thomas655555 wrote:

As it is obvious that money is no problem to you, buy eagle in gold with gold chain, that way not only pb crowd will know it but also random bypassers. If you are competing than ask this in your local club they will know better than pb crowd as real competitors dont have time to read forums because they train and they just ride what they are sponsored with :-)

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
[Quote="onyxss"]
thomas655555 wrote:
onyxss wrote:

As it is obvious that money is no problem to you, buy eagle in gold with gold chain, that way not only pb crowd will know it but also random bypassers. If you are competing than ask this in your local club they will know better than pb crowd as real competitors dont have time to read forums because they train and they just ride what they are sponsored with :-)
The only reason I have money to buy this things is beceuase I am still in school and live with my parents and work Every vacation so I Can buy all of my ecuipment by myself and that my parents do not need to pay me money for my ecuipment

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
[Quote="thomas655555"]
onyxss wrote:
thomas655555 wrote:

The only reason I have money to buy this things is beceuase I am still in school and live with my parents and work Every vacation so I Can buy all of my ecuipment by myself and that my parents do not need to pay me money for my ecuipment

Where you get your money is your thing, as some other suggested above - this "upgrade" from XTR to Eagle makes sense only if you hunt seconds in races (and i doubt you do). Otherwise it is much better spent for trip to some fantastic riding spots (think Whistler or tons of other destinations in Europe.... Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008194
Mobile Version of Website